DPA 4061 user opinions and rewire for lectro

RadoStefanov

Just got several used with the lemo connector for sennheiser..

I tested them with sennheiser SK 5*** and they sounded so good.

So full and natural.

Do you guys know if the sennheiser wiring will work with Zaxcom without modification???

Is it hard to rewire them for Lectro Servo?

if you want one, you should go ahead and buy one...

the wiring of the lemo is the same as the zaxcom, only thing is that the zaxcom requires pin 1 of the lemo be connected to it's shell in order to prevent rf getting into the tx and losing you range.

also, the 4061 wont work with the zaxcom - the zaxcom only supplies 3v to the mic, whereas the 4061 wants 5v. the 4063 is the same as the 4061 apart from its lower voltage requirement.

Well... I can not return the mics and I like .. love how they sound better then any other lav out there.

the wiring of the lemo is the same as the zaxcom, only thing is that the zaxcom requires pin 1 of the lemo be connected to it's shell in order to prevent rf getting into the tx and losing you range.

also, the 4061 wont work with the zaxcom - the zaxcom only supplies 3v to the mic, whereas the 4061 wants 5v. the 4063 is the same as the 4061 apart from its lower voltage requirement.

Absolutely love the sound. Sounds more like a small condenser then a Lav.

Or maybe the last month working with 20 b6 everyday changed my "perspective" on Lav sound.

Is there any kind of modification that can be done?

The DPA lavs that I have been using are 4063, low voltage model needed for Zaxcom compatibility. I love the way they sound.

The DPA website shows that they work with Zaxcom TRX900 Series DAD3057?

But it says on the website:

Other configurations are possible; however DPA Microphones cannot guarantee full compatibility.

Now it turns out I can not use them with Zaxcom.Still not sure if they work with lectro...My biggest investment went so wrong.....

+" Well... I can not return the mics "

see, you took my advice!

I suspect we all love the way they sound...you get what you pay for.

...and they are  small condensers...

They are not condensers and I hope Rado will never take your advices .

MS

The DPA has a "unique" output stage that likes a fair amount of current to achieve a low output impedance. The circuit is quite clever. The Lectro servo units (SM's, LMa's and UM400a's) can provide much more current than necessary, up to 2000uA. After all, we designed the servo input for the B6 which is another high current electret. The wiring shown for DPA, as I posted earlier, provides 500uA which is a good intermediate current value. We have a 4061 here and it is a fine mic with the Lectro transmitters. We have a number of theater users that like the DPA series and use it regularly.

Best,

Larry F

Lectro

Thanks.

Would lectro smqv,lma and um400 supply the power for the 4061?

The DPA website shows that they work with Zaxcom TRX900 Series DAD3057?

But it says on the website:

Other configurations are possible; however DPA Microphones cannot guarantee full compatibility.

Now it turns out I can not use them with Zaxcom.Still not sure if they work with lectro...My biggest investment went so wrong.....

the 4063 works fine with the zaxcom when you cut off the microdot connector and solder on the lemo. the DAD3057 does not connect the shell to pin 1 - at least the one i checked anyway.

pretty sure the zaxcom manual gives you a list of tested mics

the 4061 was never one of them

The calls at "five to five" are called Mouse calls because they always seem to be from a musician who owns a Lectrosonics Mouse Amp from 15 years ago, who has a gig tomorrow and has just discovered that his batteries are dead and he's misplaced his charger. Can we get a charger right out so he can have it tomorrow?  We are used to it. ;-)  If the phones are still on, we'll answer it and smile.

Best,

Larry F

Lectro

New mexico in a different time zone. I would hate to call them 15 minutes before close time.

[snip]

the 4063 works fine with the zaxcom when you cut off the microdot connector and solder on the lemo. the DAD3057 does not connect the shell to pin 1 - at least the one i checked anyway.

pretty sure the zaxcom manual gives you a list of tested mics

the 4061 was never one of them

The 4061 I have for my  Sennheisers 5012 works well with zfr100 , never had the opportunity to check with 900.

MS