Tapatalk for the new group site?

Derek H

Hey Jeff,

The new site is looking great!

Quick question: Is Tapatalk support available?

Thanks!

-DH

Yes. Tapatalk support is already set. If you have Tapatalk on your mobile device, you just have to configure it, I don't remember exactly what you do, but when Tapatalk sees this site, it should do its thing. Works very well. Also, I have installed a browser aware mobile theme (sort of a sub-theme) that will most probably show if you go to the site with a mobile device. I have no idea if Tapatalk and the mobile theme will fight with each other, I don't think so.

Also, Derek, think about putting up an Avatar image, no larger than 120x120 and square format.

When I load the new forum in Tapatalk the "Latest" page no longer shows all the unread posts. It always says "There are no new posts to view". When I go into the full forum view, threads with new posts are still marked with a "NEW" flag, but it's much less efficient to go through every forum section individually. Putting all the unread posts on one page is one of the best things about Tapatalk and it worked great on the last forum.

Anyone else experiencing this problem? It could be an issue with my account but I've tried re-logging in, re-installing Tapatalk, etc and nothing seems to work.

Hopefully it gets sorted out because it's a great way to quickly catch up on the forum!

Rob

• 2 weeks later...

The "latest posts" feature does work for me now but it is a bit temperamental. When I load Tapatalk after not using it for a while it does list all the unread posts since the last time I logged in, but if I then close Tapatalk for more than a few minutes, the next time I log in it marks all the same posts as read (and removes them from the "unread posts" list). It does this even if I leave Tapatalk open in the background without logging-out. There must be an automatic refresh feature that kicks in after a set amount of time. The problem is it thinks you've read all the threads even if you never opened them, which obviously is not the most useful feature. If you want to catch up on all the latest posts you need to read them all in one session before it does the auto-refresh.

It sounds like more of a Tapatalk issue rather than an issue with how the new forum is set up, but it is strange since I never encountered this quirk on the last forum. I'll try sending Tapatalk an email and see if they reply.

Rob

Understand that Tapatalk is its own thing, an app that accesses the Tapatalk site (company) that has software it issues to be installed on 100's if not 1000's of Forums it supports. This software code, which I have installed on this forum (and the old site), parses data that is sent to Tapatalk for Tapatalk to send back to the user of the Tapatalk application. I am sure there are bound to be some hiccups particularly with regards to things that need to be tracked individually by the use of cookies. Tapatalk app is going to track your usage of the Tapatalk app but may not be compatible with tracking what the real site, this site, is tracking. Got it?

As an alternative, there is an IP.Board mobile skin/theme which has been activated that provides for this full site to display nicely with mobile devices. If you go to access this site with an iPhone (or any of the 7 or 8 mobile smartphones that have been assigned) the site should display with this special mobile theme. Using this theme you are not relying on another company and their software to track this site properly since you are accessing this site directly (just be allowed to display it differently).

Good points Jeff, and the iPhone version of the mobile site does look very nice and is a good alternative to Tapatalk.

For people who do prefer Tapatalk and are having this issue, I tried going to the settings page within the app and turning off the "auto refresh" feature, and so far it looks like it fixed it! Unread posts now appear on the "latest posts" page and seem to stay there. When you want to refresh the list you simply pull the page down for a second or two until it reloads.

• 1 month later...

Coincidentally, Tapatalk is having some problems with current iOS --- my Tapatalk app keeps quitting right when I am trying to sort things out. I have re-installed the necessary plug-ins and configured Tapatalk access for this NEW new site, but it still isn't functioning properly. I will continue to work on it. The free IPB app is working quite well, I think, so that's something.

Another alternative would be to just use the mobile version on your phone's standard web browser. It actually looks great and is very easy to use. I just added a bookmark icon for the new content page right next to the tapatalk icon on my phone, so far so good.

I've been using Tapatalk to access the forum lately... Up unitl a few days ago it worked very well, but a couple of days ago Tapatalk stopped recognizing my username and password for the forum... Can't login at all via Tapaltalk now.

I can still login via a browser, though.

Anybody else having that issue?

Cheers,

Rich

I've been using Tapatalk to access the forum lately... Up unitl a few days ago it worked very well, but a couple of days ago Tapatalk stopped recognizing my username and password for the forum... Can't login at all via Tapaltalk now.

I can still login via a browser, though.

Anybody else having that issue?

Yes, with the same issues.

According to the tapatalk forums, they have a possible beta fix, and are expecting a published release fix "soon"...

http://www.tapatalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6661

Tapatalk for blackberry is taking me to the first post in the thread right now as opposed to the first unread post. Anybody else having this issue

I'm not sure Tapatalk can track things the same way View New Content can. You have to remember that Tapatalk is its own beast, a company that maintains a site and server that can access supported forums which it delivers to Tapatalk users in the form that Tapatalk has devised. I am not really as big fan of Tapatalk but I have tried to keep Tapatalk current for this forum, updating and installing bug fixes whenever they are available. I have had much better luck with the browser aware mobile skin for our site (which will get even better quite soon when IPB updates the mobile skin for compatibility to v. 3.2 of IP.Board).

I am not really as big fan of Tapatalk but I have tried to keep Tapatalk current for this forum, updating and installing bug fixes whenever they are available. I have had much better luck with the browser aware mobile skin for our site (which will get even better quite soon when IPB updates the mobile skin for compatibility to v. 3.2 of IP.Board).

I went to Tapatalk only because the mobil skin wasn't working for my Blackberry. Do you know if my Blackberry will have better luck after the update?

I went to Tapatalk only because the mobil skin wasn't working for my Blackberry. Do you know if my Blackberry will have better luck after the update?

Blackberry is supposed to be supported by the mobile skin, I have put the Blackberry profile in the User Management Access setting. Could you tell me what model of Blackberry you are using?

Blackberry is supposed to be supported by the mobile skin, I have put the Blackberry profile in the User Management Access setting. Could you tell me what model of Blackberry you are using?

Blackberry 9630 (using Verizon)

FYI mobile view was working fine on my Blackberry on the old new site.