Rastorder Mb (Mixer bag) cart

Like to introduce our new cart...

Have 8 of these available from next week.

Two wheel options.

More at http://www.rastorder.../product_mb.htm

Would also like to explain a bit more about it's concept.

The Mb cart is not designed to work in front of like a drama cart.

It is designed to work over the top of, with the mixer bag in much the same position as it is when its around your neck or in a harness. So you can boom & reach down to mix at the same time.

Sure it has a boom pole holder on the back - but more importently it has one on the front - where you can (with a Toolflex holder) easily & safely rest your boom while you fiddle. Cable hanging is also within finger tip reach.

Its a tripod for a mixer bag where you can stash it & your boom pole - & walk away without some dope tripping over it.

When its go time - headphones on with 2 hands, power on, grab the pole & open a fader. - too easy

It has the foldup cart versions of 12" & 16" quick release wheels.

Hope that helps.

Rob Stalder

post-541-0-45714800-1309399610.jpg

Like to introduce our new cart...

Have 8 of these available from next week.

Three wheel options.

More at http://www.rastorder.com.au/product_mb.htm

Rob Stalder

Awsome! Too bad I live in Brazil and shipping is so expensive...

Gabi

Awsome! Too bad I live in Brazil and shipping is so expensive...

Gabi

It's been a problem for RastOrder all along --- anywhere you live other than Australia you're looking at big shipping. Rob Stalder has been very good about trying to work these things out and the carts are definitely worth the hassle.

Too bad I live in Brazil and shipping is so expensive...

Maybe not - I am trying to ship it at a ball park figure of AUD$250 - so I will see how that pans out.

If you get interested, email me your city and postal code & I will check if its a reality with FedEx.

Thanks for your appreciation.

Rob Stalder

This is genius... I want one just cause it's so damn cute. You know, in a gear, mixer obsessed with sound carts kind of way.

Yeah tell me about it...I was going to post that it looked sexy, but I thought you guys would think I was a freak. I forgot about the demographic in here...

Probably relevant to mention - Mb cart comes apart for shipment - both by me and by you to locations.

Top & mid shelf attach to their own frames - which are bolted to the front and back upright frames.

Bottom shelf is screwed to rear upright frame & bolted to front upright frame using castor bolts.

Rob Stalder

Probably relevant to mention - Mb cart comes apart for shipment - both by me and by you to locations.

Top & mid shelf attach to their own frames - which are bolted to the front and back upright frames.

Bottom shelf is screwed to rear upright frame & bolted to front upright frame using castor bolts.

Rob Stalder

I'd personally love to see a picture of it broken down if possible.

Here is 2 versions of the cart broken down. Bear in mind these are my first attempts, better configurations may come out later.

The most difficult thing to get around is the permanent cable hook mounted on one rear side upright - it gets totally in the way of packing.

However ;

vers 1 - 1mtr (39.5")long x 26cm (10.25") high x 36cm (14.25") wide

vers 2 - 90cm (35.5") long x 26cm (10.25) high x 36cm (14.25") wide

Rob Stalder

post-541-0-04133300-1310350465.jpg

post-541-0-16361000-1310350486.jpg

• 3 months later...

Just received my MB cart from Rob. It took me about 30 minutes to assemble, everything was labeled and easy to figure out.

I think Rob should work as a packaging consultant, I've never seen such a great packing job that completely survived travel from AU to CN to KR to Alaska, and finally to me. Even arrived 2 days earlier than expected!

Off to fill up the cart and figure out a battery solution!

post-1699-0-87155300-1318996683.jpg

post-1699-0-15760600-1318996713.jpg

post-1699-0-50957900-1318996751.jpg

post-1699-0-93052700-1318996764.jpg

post-1699-0-33544400-1318996777.jpg

• 6 months later...

Very cool!

This makes me want to build a separate cart specifically for tight-quarter situations where my bigger (heavier) Magliner cart might not be the best solution. For ENG type gigs, I often wind up setting my bag atop my Pelican 1620 case... extend the handle, and I can wheel it around with me and use it much like Rob described. But having something with shelves, etc. would be nice too.

Great, more stuff to buy! : /

~tt

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Rob, how do you attach your bag to the cart--or do you bother? Max bag front to back is 15.5 in?

Sad isn't it I have made this cute little cart & never got to use it - well properly.

15.5" is the front to back depth - thats pretty accomodating, I left sides open for access to in/outs as anything there was a potential compromise.

In trucking around the backyard I just threw the strap over the front or back frames, bag hardly moved. You could use a short handle like Portabrace has that clips to D rings in bag - or even a short strap.

Looking at pic above Matt appears to work his from front of cart, So would I - but its optional.

Certainly when you tilt cart over on back wheels, bag just rests up against rear frame.

Rob

• 1 year later...