the "success" of this forum

Jeff Wexler

I find the stats for my Discussion Group very interesting. In terms of shear numbers, compared to many other groups, this is not really a success. I am personally pleased, though, because the QUALITY of posts and the members who are posting, is outstanding. I certainly cannot claim that the overall intelligence, the thoughtfulness and civility we have on this group, comes from anything specific I may have done --- but I am very gratified that we all do present ourselves, our veiws and even our disagreements, in such a civilized manner. For some reason, most everyone here seems to put in quite a lot of thought before posting. I know it is a lot more work to really think before speaking, but it is really appreciated here by all.

Thank you to all who participate (even those silent "read only" members) for making this group a success. As always, I value free expression, tempereed by thought and reason. These things alone make jwsound.net Discussion Group a personal success for me.

Best Regards,  your host ---  Jeff Wexler

I never took to RAMPS, the CAS forum was a little lame and Coffey's was OK but under attended. Why this forum has taken off and attracted the quality and quantity it has, is due I think to the integrity and reputation of the host and the viewer-friendly, thoughtful way in which it is put together, targeting us sound guys in ways that stimulate responses rather than passive observation. This site is my first visit when I log on to the web, (other than e mail) and I enjoy reading comments and suggestions, making the occasional post and a good laugh now and again. I think I've just repeated what everyone else has said...good job Jeff, and thanks.

Regards

Mick

Don't we have a penalty jar around here somewhere?  Anyone who mentions the "R" word is fined a quarter.

I, too, tend to vist here more than RAMPS now, however, I don't wish to desert RAMPS completely.  I think it still has a great deal of value.

One of the big advantages this forum has over RAMPS is that we don't have to listen to all the obsessive-compulsives who want to get into long, drawn-out debates about the "charter" of the newsgroup when a topic they don't like crops up.  (Nothing against obsessive-compulsives, mind you, I just think all that energy can be channeled better -- for instance, into tweeking gear to get the last dB.)

My compliments -- and thanks -- to Jeff. 

John Blankenship, C.A.S.

Indianapolis (Super Bowl Champions!)

Guest Jeff Colon

I would like to believe the mutual respect shown by those here would be the same as if it were us face to face.  Just like in the real world, a nine volt or adaptor, offered or received even to or from a competitor in need usually comes back as goodwill well spent.  Thanks all

Jeffrey Colon

nolavox.com

Don't we have a penalty jar around here somewhere?  Anyone who mentions the "R" word is fined a quarter.

John Blankenship, C.A.S.

Indianapolis (Super Bowl Champions!)

All right, I'll put my quarter in.

Yes, I really like this forum. I think part of the success of this is due to the fact that most of us (at least me, anyway) actually  know almost everyone on here on some sort of personal level. That, and you all are just a cool bunch of folks.

-Dave

"It's for that person that lives "over there". You know, the very friendly, pro american,  alcoholic guy."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, in my humble opinion, part of "the success of this forum" is that so far it has been pretty much free of anyone bashing anyone, regardless of who they are.  So please, let's not start now.

It's not productive, and it destroys the good vibe that this forum has been so successful at maintaining.

• 4 weeks later...