Weirdness with my profile picture

Izen Ears

Hey Jeff I was able to change my profile picture, but it only shows up when I look at my settings, beside all of my posts is my old picture. I cleared my cookies and cleared all my cache and cookies in Firefox too and I still only saw the old picture. Then today I was browsing JWS on my Android and lo and behold was the new profile picture, but it still doesn't show up on either of my home computers. I just deleted the picture completely and have no profile picture, I'll have to post something before I see if that makes a difference. Any ideas?

Dan Izen

Okay that first post shows my old picture, as I'm sure this new one will, so that answers that! According to my profile settings I have no picture uploaded. Weird.

I think I know the problem. This site structure has you uploading both a Profile picture AND an Avatar picture. I believe the image that shows next to your posts is the Avatar image. The old site didn't do things this way. It used your Profile picture in all the places that it needed to.

So, I think the solution is to upload an Avatar image also. One word of caution, the Avatar image must be resized by YOU and it must be square aspect ratio otherwise it will appear distorted. Take an image (and it can be the same image as your Profile) and resize it to no greater than 120 x 120 (I think) and, as I said, square shape. That should do it.

Also, note to Izen Ears, the reason for requiring something in the little About Me box when you sign up is to cut down on spam-bot sign-ups to this site.

Duuuuhh I guess it was that Avatar thingee listed directly below the "photo" tab. That did the trick, I wanted to use a photo of me in my Mardi Gras costume this year when I lucked out and got to ride on a float just for being a sound guy. That explains that!

Also, note to Izen Ears, the reason for requiring something in the little About Me box when you sign up is to cut down on spam-bot sign-ups to this site.

Well why didn't you say so! Alright then I'll put in something serious. Thank you for being such a gracious and attentive host Senor Wexler!

Dan Izen

Well why didn't you say so! Alright then I'll put in something serious. Thank you for being such a gracious and attentive host Senor Wexler!

Dan Izen

Maybe you could tell us of your journey from pimp to sound mixer..........or am I misjudging you from your photo, and that photo is of you as a sound mixer.......I'm so sorry if I was wrong.

Cheers,

RVD

Hah. Amazing timing RVD - I literally JUST came from saving a new picture. I mean I was about to close up the laptop and I went to main page to glance at the most recent post and saw this, pretty weird... This new one is of me at work, the colorful one is me at home.

Dan Izen

Maybe you could tell us of your journey from pimp to sound mixer..........or am I misjudging you from your photo, and that photo is of you as a sound mixer.......I'm so sorry if I was wrong.

Cheers,

RVD