Search function, as of august 8th 2011...

Boomboom

Has the search function on the site been altered in some way ? I can't seem to be able to obtain results...

SEARCH is not working nicely, sorry, IPB is working on it and there should be some improvements soon. You will be able to get results but you have to do a lot of maneuvering around with the Advanced Search routines.

• 1 month later...

Evidently, even if I set search for a lower minimum number of characters, there is a limitation in MySQL databases (used by all servers, etc.) of 4 characters that overrides any of my settings on this forum. This is what I have been told by people who know a whole lot more about this than I do. The only semi-workaround is just to get creative with the search string. I have experimented a lot and you can get pretty good results, certainly with the expanded Advanced Search, by putting in multiple words. The other way to do it (which many people here are doing I believe) is do a Google Search --- in Google, enter jwsoundgroup and 552 and you may get good result within which you can then navigate to topic or subject you want. I am still investigating the possibility of integrating an independent search engine for the forum.