PAID 5.2 Just Released

headpooch

Minutiae Software is delighted to announce the release of PAID version 5.2 for Windows and Mac.

This is a free upgrade for registered customers!

PAID (Production Accounting & Invoicing Database) is a comprehensive program for managing jobs in the entertainment industry that helps freelance artists and technicians create invoices, track payments and generate job estimates.

First released in 1998, the software program continues to add new features and most of all .... help you get PAID!

New features include:

• Mac OS 10.7 (Lion) compatible

• Windows 7 64-bit compatible

• Automatically sort list views setting

• Displays un-submitted invoices as blue in list view

• Improved QuickFind in list views

• Improved Search Queries (All Modules)

• Improved Email Tech Support

• Improved Business Cards

• Simplified client name changes with related invoices and quotes

• Added Date Range option for Reports

• Added the ability to duplicate a quote

• Added Payment Info to printed invoices

• Excel .xlsx (Open XML) import/export capability

• Fixed Average Payment calculation

• Fixed Call Sheet lookup issue

• Fixed 4 digit year date issue for Mac OS 10.7 (Lion)

Use the following links:

* Please note that some email programs will not display the web link and you may need to copy and paste it in your web browser.

Info and Download:

http://www.minutiaes...re.com/paid.htm

For a complete version history of PAID, click the version history link:

Version History:

http://www.minutiaes...aid_history.htm

PAID is cross-platform. Both Macintosh and Windows versions are available.

$79.95

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

Color monitor (1024 x 768) resolution

Laser or Ink Jet Printer

Standard Cross Platform Fonts (Arial, Verdana, Times New Roman, Trebuchet, Courier New)

Internet connection and email client for online functions

Macintosh

* Intel-based Mac

* Mac OS X 10.5.8 or later (Lion Compatible)

* 1 GB RAM

* 120 MB available hard disk space

IBM PC Compatible

* Pentium III (32-bit) 700MHz or faster

* Windows XP | Vista | 7 (Ultimate, Business or Home Premium)

* Microsoft Internet Explorer 4 or NT 4.0 (with service pack 3)

* 1 GB RAM

* 120 MB available hard disk space

post-2092-0-90956200-1313119606.jpg

I am a big fan of the software PAID! having used the very first version many, many years ago. I appreciate "headpooch" posting this though I am a little concerned that it is basically an advertisement for commercial software. I don't know who "headpooch" is but if you are connected with the development and sale of PAID! you should have posed this in the Manufacturers & Dealers section. If you are just a happy user of the software, if you're going to copy/paste the announcement from Minutiae you should at least put some of your own personal words in the post.

I am assuming there is no hope for an iOS version of this? I have been looking for an invoicing and invoice tracking program that will sync desktop mobile. If you build this feature, I'm buying.

Hi Ethan

There is PAID Mobile for iPhone and iPad which does require FileMaker Go

http://www.filemaker...s/filemaker-go/

I am also attaching a .pdf file with more info.

Thanks,

J.E. Jack

post-2092-0-77669600-1313797571.jpg

PAID Mobile.pdf

• 6 years later...
On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 4:06 AM, Derek H said:

Yes I think so. The developer is mostly retired I believe. 

Too bad because it keeps crashing on my older iMac. 

Works perfect on windows 10.

I am happy with the program but the only thing I can really use is a smtp server implementation so I can directly email invoices to the email  in the client  DB.

And user selectable DB backup folder   - EDIT - FIXED THIS. jut kved my documents folder in my one drive folder.

In all honesty, I believe the current release, PAID (5.4.1), will be the final.

I retired 3 years ago and am living the so-called "good life" in Mexico. I thought I would be deep into programming new versions and updating like mad, but alas, after nearly 20 years PAID is now lower on my list of priorities. The first release was way back in 1998!

In the meantime, I will continue to provide tech support for the program as long as I am able to. It seems to work well with El Capitan and Windows 10, but I can’t predict what the future will hold.

• 4 weeks later...
14 hours ago, David Lezynski said:

Wrote my first invoice on PAID in 2002.  It is still in the database even with multiple updates. Never thouht Pooch was a profiteer, but rather someone who understood our freelance/contractor structure. Always solid and always $79 even in 2002. Great product, great value

Hi David - Minutiae Software was basically a "profitable hobby" for me and I used PAID for my own invoicing in a career that spanned 35 years. I'm glad that you found it useful, too. Now I'm happily unemployed :-)

Am still looking for suggestions for a Mac-based film production-centric invoicing and accounting software as an alternative to PAID. I've auditioned a few solutions and they're all terribly lacking in either features or function.

I resurrected an old MacBookPro running Lion and the old version of PAID. It seems to work just fine and I'll consider this to be a temporary solution until I find that replacement software.

I reached out to J.E. Jack, PAID's developer, to try to figure out how to transfer the current PAID data to the old machine, but haven't heard back yet.

I'll report back if anyone's interested.

Dave