PAID 5.2 Just Released

headpooch

Minutiae Software is delighted to announce the release of PAID version 5.2 for Windows and Mac.

This is a free upgrade for registered customers!

PAID (Production Accounting & Invoicing Database) is a comprehensive program for managing jobs in the entertainment industry that helps freelance artists and technicians create invoices, track payments and generate job estimates.

First released in 1998, the software program continues to add new features and most of all .... help you get PAID!

New features include:

• Mac OS 10.7 (Lion) compatible

• Windows 7 64-bit compatible

• Automatically sort list views setting

• Displays un-submitted invoices as blue in list view

• Improved QuickFind in list views

• Improved Search Queries (All Modules)

• Improved Email Tech Support

• Improved Business Cards

• Simplified client name changes with related invoices and quotes

• Added Date Range option for Reports

• Added the ability to duplicate a quote

• Added Payment Info to printed invoices

• Excel .xlsx (Open XML) import/export capability

• Fixed Average Payment calculation

• Fixed Call Sheet lookup issue

• Fixed 4 digit year date issue for Mac OS 10.7 (Lion)

Use the following links:

* Please note that some email programs will not display the web link and you may need to copy and paste it in your web browser.

Info and Download:

http://www.minutiaes...re.com/paid.htm

For a complete version history of PAID, click the version history link:

Version History:

http://www.minutiaes...aid_history.htm

PAID is cross-platform. Both Macintosh and Windows versions are available.

$79.00

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

Color monitor (1024 x 768) resolution

Laser or Ink Jet Printer

Standard Cross Platform Fonts (Arial, Verdana, Times New Roman, Trebuchet, Courier New)

Internet connection and email client for online functions

Macintosh

* Intel-based Mac

* Mac OS X 10.5.8 or later (Lion Compatible)

* 1 GB RAM

* 120 MB available hard disk space

IBM PC Compatible

* Pentium III (32-bit) 700MHz or faster

* Windows XP | Vista | 7 (Ultimate, Business or Home Premium)

* Microsoft Internet Explorer 4 or NT 4.0 (with service pack 3)

* 1 GB RAM

* 120 MB available hard disk space

post-2092-0-64699800-1313154630.jpg

Hey, J.E., correct me if I'm wrong, but Filemaker Go just accesses the Filemaker database running on a networked computer, right? FM Go can't actually run a Filemaker database on its own, without a connection to the net (as I understand it), and without the Filemaker database up and running on another computer.

--Marc W.

J.E., correct me if I'm wrong, but Filemaker Go just accesses the Filemaker database running on a networked computer, right? FM Go can't actually run a Filemaker database on its own, without a connection to the net (as I understand it), and without the Filemaker database up and running on another computer.

Hi Mark

Filemaker Go can work with files served on a network or files stored locally on a mobile device (iPhone/Touch/iPad). The files on the device do not require a connection to the net.

You can email the PAID Mobile file to your mobile device or sync it with your desktop computer using iTunes. The FMG app is improving all the time, and eventually I feel that the current limitations (printing, etc) will be overcome.

Personally, I find the best mobile solution is a MacBook Air, which screams speed and has the screen real estate necessary.

PAID, of course, is available for Mac or PC.

-- J.E. Jack

Is there a way to manually enter your final mileage? I use my personal vehicle to get to and from work, and I do my own personal runs in-between shoot days. Therefore, entering a starting mileage and an end mileage wouldn't be an accurate representation of the mileage I do during multiple day shoots.

Love the program though.. Still testing it out, but if everything works out I may have to switch from Quickbooks.

Is there a way to manually enter your final mileage? I use my personal vehicle to get to and from work, and I do my own personal runs in-between shoot days. Therefore, entering a starting mileage and an end mileage wouldn't be an accurate representation of the mileage I do during multiple day shoots

The mileage is determined by the odometer readings. You can enter a mileage start or end, click the calculator button, then enter the mileage manually and the odometer readings will be updated automatically. But you need to enter one or the other.

See the attached .jpg

Cheers,

JJ

post-2092-0-20273300-1313278313.jpg

I guess you can do 1 and 126 if you do 125 kms a day, but it seems to round the number up or down automatically. I'd prefer at least one tenth of a decimal. Could be just me.. I'm pretty anal with my accounting.

I would bet they aren't too anal with the payment to you for mileage (at least they wouldn't be here, likely to round DOWN rather than up).