Batteries on aircraft

wolfvid

• 2 weeks later...

I recently carried on 6 IDX lithiums while my gear was checked. Just put them in their own bin going through the X ray at security. They'll do a wipe down, you'll tell them you work on a tv show, and you'll all be happy. On the way back I forgot to tape the leads of the batteries as instructed by the TSA site, and the officers didn't say anything about it.

What I find is there is total inconsistencies with TSA not only from airport to airport but even from agent to agent.

That is for sure! I have flown countless times with my Petrol PEGZ-2 fully loaded as a carry-on. This consists of a SD 442, 744t, a few wireless channels, plus various accessories. I have had some TSA agents do a complete tear down and search of the bag to other agents do absolutely nothing and just pass me through security without so much as a question as to what all these cables, antennas, transmitters, and receivers were. But hey, good thing they took my tooth paste!

And on topic....I always carry on my lithium batteries and put tape over the connectors for good measure.

• 1 month later...