Zaxcom Nomad - It's Alive.

Jack Norflus

No. You could record BOTH LR and MS to both media, but not one and the other. The Mirror card is what it says on the box - a copy of the files on the Primary card.

Would that allow recording MS to the primary card and LR to the mirror?

Since you can choose which tracks to mirror, I suppose it would allow you to record MS and LR to the primary card and LR only to the mirror.

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they just need to implement phase inversion in the matrixes... not MS decoding strictly

(by matrixes I mean assignment menus, inputs to headphones, inputs to tracks, etc)

you can reverse phases in the card matrix so it is possible to record MS already. Not sure about monitoring as I don't have my Nomad with me right now.

apart Jack, who is gone to 3.OO with (or without) success in the field.. i'm beginning a job soon and was thinking about sticking to 2.95 or not..( i don't have problem with return gain, but i had the HP2 bug and primay card space indicator would be good)

You would want to use 3.00A - which is available on the Zaxcom forum.

3.00A has been very stable for me. If you want to stick with 2.95 and you want to avoid the HP2 bug there is a work around. The bug is related to using PFL - so if you generally don't use PFL then you will not experience the HP2 bug while using this version.

If you do want to use 3.00A you can, and should always, keep a copy of an earlier version that you like with you on a separate card so if there is an issue you can always go back to that earlier version.

Ok, just got back from prep , had two "issue" i didn't encounter before : one of my input (using line level ) had sudently way to much gain..a reboot made things normal...but was kind of weird..

other thing , i know nomad's trim are relative but setting my input to -20 db from the same 1k tone from a sonosax (still line level)i got pretty strange numbers : input 1 : -11db, input 2 : -14db / input 3 : -9db / input 4 : -9db / input 5 : -16db / input 6 : -2db

The last two seems strange, is this normal?

Thanks for the bag suggestions earlier. In the end I went with a PS614, since they are readily available and I got the vibe that a Kortwich one would have been better modified - I wouldn't have known what to ask for. :)

Right now the bag is going out with a simple 302 setup with boom, 2 G3s in, 2 G3s out as camera hops. I like how I can pretty much fit everything I need in the bag, including an extra set of AA batteries (excl. the 302, it's powered with NP1). A quick fit showed you can fairly easily access the input connectors as well, when using with a Nomad. I did however change the strap into one of my Camrade straps - way softer. Unfortunately the blue strap doesn't go that well with the orange bag interior. ;D

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Just picking up this thread....

In the process of building a remote roll for my nomad - just reading this thread and Jack mentions

As for Mix-8 support - since you just got your Nomad you may be good to go. Go to "About Nomad" menu and check the "Main Revision" number if you are at version 56 your machine can support Mix-8 with no update necessary. 

which is something Howy has posted in the Nomad forum. This is the first i've heard about this and I've no idea how to get to v56 or higher (currently at 55). Before anyone points to a cap, I'm a UK user and both my dealer and all pertinent personnel are currently at NAB so any advice or help is appreciated.

Stuart