• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Here is a piece from an amazing artist of our time. Chihuly has this piece in the fountain at the Atlanta Botanical Gardens. Having a piece like this outdoors makes me think they bring this indoors during the winter months in case of hail. It is a beautiful piece. Fountain is off for obvious reasons.

post-118-0-60711600-1333427756.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks Google for the reminder, it's Gustav Klimt's 150th birthday today. Thank goodness we don't live that long, right? He is my wife's favorite painter. And of course, "The Kiss" is her favorite, like many people.

post-118-0-26298500-1342275380.png

I was always partial to "Tannenwald", and preferred his nature paintings and landscapes.

post-118-0-51201100-1342275730.png

And I also preferred "Family" over "The Kiss", maybe because the kiss led to a family ???

post-118-0-54149900-1342275758.png

• 2 weeks later...

Visiting my brothers fiancées parent's apartment I discovered a book with works of edward hopper, beautiful paintings!post-3055-13430760981.jpgpost-3055-1343076112.jpg

Which reminded me of pictures taken by Gregory crewdson, who I also adore!

post-3055-134307617577.jpgpost-3055-134307618791.jpg

Wide shots. Gotta love em. When they're not shooting tight simultaneously.

These particular pics does not have anything in common or anything, but the inspiration is clear in the crewdson footage.

Guest dawidbrook

Such a Great Art collection in this group, and Its nice to here in it. I saw all the Pictures which is uploaded in this community, apart from this all collection of Art one of the most eye catching picture which is Mona Lisa.

Such a Great Art collection in this group, and Its nice to here in it. I saw all the Pictures which is uploaded in this community, apart from this all collection of Art one of the most eye catching picture which is Mona Lisa.

Thanks dawidbrook, I'm glad you enjoy it. We've had a lot of great contributions to this thread. Please feel free to include your favorites also!

• 1 month later...