Lectrosonics wiring - Standard or Servo?

JboB

Hey everyone!

Wanted to get some opinions on servo vs standard lectrosonics wiring, which has always been a little grey for me.

I realize that if I get servo, I wont be able to use the lav on an older style lectro transmitter.

On a cos 11, the servo used three wires, opposed to the standard wiring which uses 2?

I could have this backwards...

Anyway, a word from the field is what I am looking for, is there a noticeable noise floor and overload buffer difference between the two?

Thanks!

Jbob

The difference is marginal, but better. All newer Lectro units use servo wiring, including the 400a units. Not just SMs.

I still keep two lavs wired universally for my 400s, in case I need them, but all others are servo wired for SM.

Robert

Great, I have a couple trams universally wired "just in case" as well, thanks for the input Robert!

You're on point, Peter, I did ask that question before. However I think you answered my question, not Larry, although his input was good as well. Im just second guessing I suppose, perhaps giving the cos 11 a bit too much credit, although I am comparing to an 82. The difference sounds electronic, but its probably just low level wireless interference distortion, thankfully undetectable to the standard ear as they keep hiring me back.

• 7 years later...
On 9/8/2011 at 10:31 PM, RPSharman said:

The difference is marginal, but better. All newer Lectro units use servo wiring, including the 400a units. Not just SMs.

I still keep two lavs wired universally for my 400s, in case I need them, but all others are servo wired for SM.

Robert

what is the universal wiring, Wiring_diagrams11fig-2017.jpg