Lectro TA5F wiring for for a PTT comms mic

cjh

Hi all,

I need to wire a PTT comms type mic to a TA5F so it will work with a UM200C Tx, I have done this before so know it works but the mic broke and the connector has gone awol and of course I never wrote down the wiring configuration!

The mic is from a standard onset RT and has 3 wires, red, green and copper. Has anyone else has done this (and written down the wiring info!)

last time I did it I'm pretty sure I didn't use any resistors but it maybe had 1 capacitor in the mix somewhere but maybe not...

Thanks!

Chris.

Hi all,

I need to wire a PTT comms type mic to a TA5F so it will work with a UM200C Tx, I have done this before so know it works but the mic broke and the connector has gone awol and of course I never wrote down the wiring configuration!

The mic is from a standard onset RT and has 3 wires, red, green and copper. Has anyone else has done this (and written down the wiring info!)

last time I did it I'm pretty sure I didn't use any resistors but it maybe had 1 capacitor in the mix somewhere but maybe not...

Thanks!

Chris.

Try this, the copper is the shield and goes to pin 1, red should be audio and goes to pin 3. Jump pins 2 & 4. You might have to tie the green to the shield. Basically you'll have to experiment a bit. Having small jumper cables with alligator clips on each end helps so you don't have to solder & unsolder each time until you find the right combination.

Eric

• 3 weeks later...