New Flavor: Kindle tablet

studiomprd

Most of the major content providers seems to be transitioning to HTML5 so that the "tablet" that has about 80% of the market right now will be able to view content. Does this mean Apple has won and Adobe has lost? I don't know the answer, but I do know that if any of Apple's assertions about the impracticality and unsuitability of Flash for mobile devices is true, it is a WIN for the consumer (and all the other competitive tablets that support Flash will be supporting something which is no longer needed).

"I completely disagree - you can not force the consumer nor the designer to change to support a piece of hardware"

I think we actually may agree more on some aspects of this discussion than might seem at first, but I did not say that Apple forced anyone to do anything. I was merely pointing out that Flash seems to be losing ground on both the content creation side and the consumer side. Even if the "number one complaint" is that the iOS does not support Flash, the consumer (those who purchase devices that run iOS) is not that concerned --- otherwise they would stop buying iOS devices. If I needed Microsoft Word and Microsoft had decided to not have Word supported on Mac OSX, would I stop buying Macs? No, I would find an alternative and in the case of Flash, this is being helped by everyone involved: content creators, content providers, operating systems and so forth. Microsoft has even upped their support for HTML5 and is pulling back from Flash (Flash still supported but not really favored).

Apple has a long history of dropping support for all sorts of things that they (Apple) don't like, or see a better route to be taken than the established path.

Microsoft has come to the same conclusion:

Flash will be faded out IN THE FUTURE.

Now windows 8 offers 2 browsers: the future Metro IE and the regular IE.

The metro IE has no flash and the regular IE does have it.

It took me 5 minutes on the Metro IE browser to start needing flash.

So even though I agree with the whole premise, now it is not the time to tottaly ignore FLASH.

The problem I have with tablet makers is the : Lets dumb down the OS : aproach.

Also Lets charge people for stuff that ussualy come for free on a regular PC.

How many IPAD lovers here would love to have a full OSX snow leopard on a Ipad?

Windows 8 will run on very low performance hardware like the IPAD2 and will have everything a regular PCs have.

Unfortunatelly for some, OSX will not be able to run on the new generation of Windows PCs!

Unfortunatelly for a lot of people, LINUX might be impossible to install as well.

After many years of being very happy with Microsoft's liberal view on hardware manifacturers and software companies I am shoked!!

Please Microsoft don't be a**ses like APLEE! Linux is needed for many many reasons and without your help it will be difficult for them.

Be cool and let them stay in the game the same way you let Apple stay in the game. (:

Most of the major content providers seems to be transitioning to HTML5 so that the "tablet" that has about 80% of the market right now will be able to view content. Does this mean Apple has won and Adobe has lost? I don't know the answer, but I do know that if any of Apple's assertions about the impracticality and unsuitability of Flash for mobile devices is true, it is a WIN for the consumer (and all the other competitive tablets that support Flash will be supporting something which is no longer needed).