Best Sound Bag for 788?

tonymuricy

I've found that kortwich makes a pretty well designed 788T/CL8 bag. I'm only comparing it to the older blue/orange style Petrol Pegz bags, as well as Porta Brace. Haven't seen, or used the new round of Petrol (black/orange). The Kortwich bags have great support for the unique CL8 shape, and are just built really well. You can order them through Pro Sound Corp.

They also make a cool bag for the 788/CL9 that can plop down on your cart and then be put away easy.

J

I don't like the Camrade : the side button access is not easy. It seems the Camrade people have never worked with a 788/CL8.

I choose the Portabrace 788/CL8 bag and i am very happy with it. You have a permanent access to those side button (menu, headphones level, monitor mode), very important for me.

The litlle Petrol organizer seems good too.

Never try the Kortwich bag.

V.

I've got a 302 and will probably get a DR-680 soon. Would a Petrol 602 or 603 be more appropriate? Is the 603 overkill for 1 mixer + 1 recorder setup?? Powering through BDS, so far only 2 Senn G3 receivers.

To answer your question, Im running a HDP2 with a 302 in a petrol pegs 2 bag and it fits well, would love more room but it does the job

But to get back on track, but ive seen my buddies rock the Petrol Deca Bags with the 3 dividers and they said it was kooo

I've had the Petrol 602 from my 442/744 days and it seemed way too big when I got the 788/CK8. Got the 601 and have used that for the last 9 months; perfect fit for 4-6 Lectro 411s. At squeeze you can go the eight.

Guess it depends on how much extra room you like to work with; I have a large portabrace bum bag that I carry all my extras in