Seinnheiser MKH 8060

VASI

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sent my mic for repair and after I got it back it was ok for a while. Right after my warranty was done the issue returned. I called sennheiser and they pretty much said tough luck.

I ordered a new mkh8060 that I will use for 2 years and then sale.

I love the mkh8060 but would not recommend it to anybody.

If you don't mind a little bit bigger mic get the CMIT5.

And have an extra $1000 kicking around, of course. Though I'm sure they sounds fantastic... seems all schoeps mics I've used do!

I've called Sennheiser today and they've said they'll honor the warranty even though it's expired by a couple of months, and all I'll have to pay for is the shipping to get it to Montréal and they'll handle everything with Germany (although they've promised it'll be at least a month, as you all have said rings true).

I sent my mic for repair and after I got it back it was ok for a while. Right after my warranty was done the issue returned. I called sennheiser and they pretty much said tough luck.

I ordered a new mkh8060 that I will use for 2 years and then sale.

I love the mkh8060 but would not recommend it to anybody.

Did it go back to germany for the fix, or just the local dealer?

Mine is in germany atm. Wondering if the mothership does a permanent fix.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys I see this thread is still being updated. I need some assistance. Ive had my mic fixed twice for these factory earth faults. However I suffered two issues. One was the earth intermittence fault which was the zapping sound that sounds like RF dropout. The second is a constant hiss noise floor issue. The second one was hard to explain to people especially the service place. The mic got sent back to the factory for this permanent fix but it's still the same, the noise floor is still there ! 

Any ideas what to do ? 

If it's still under warranty, and this is a known problem, you should be able to get a refund or replacement under Australian Consumer Law.

don't know how it works in Australia, but over here consumer protection only applies to consumers. As we are professionals this doesn't apply (b2b).

The problem is, even  after Senny recognized the problem and fixed it in their current model, they still had a ton of the defective mics out there and people are still buying them. I purchased three and only the first one was made before the fix. When I sent it to Senny USA, they promptly sent me a replacement. No questions asked. I'm referring to the issue that sounds like white noise and slowly gets louder over time.

Not thrilled with the self noise of my 8060's.

This probably means you have one of the issues. See if you can compare it to a 416, if it's self-noise seems higher, then it's malfunctioning.

Really seems like an issue where Sennheiser should have done a recall. After I had a 3rd replacement fail, I stopped trusting the 806 all together. Though I still use and love other 8000 series mics.

I agree about the recall. And the other 8000. It is a damn shame because I love the mkh8060.

The problem is that sennheiser is the a big corporation and not a small company like zax lectro SD and others , which would have apologized and corrected the issue as soon as they can.

Also sennheiser do not have a well known person/representative like Larry, Glenn and Jon.

So nobody to bitch to.

So even though I still use mkh8060 I never recommend them to people.

And I am sure a lot of people decide against buying a mkh8060 after reading these user experiences.

Sennheiser is too big to change...

Sennheiser is too big to change...

That's probably true, although they are nit too big to fail, and bad business practice can lead to failure.

Still, I have met a few Sennheiser representatives and engineers/developers and their are very passionate about their products and I find their support to be very knowledgeable and helpful. It's possibly the corporate overhead which is making things slow and well, stupid.