Wireless video to iPod - Monitor option for Reality TV sound mixers & boom ops

Brian Kaurich

Hey Chas,

Nothing related with the thread (Which I follow every time someone post something new) BUT if you already have a BDS system you can get this cable from remote audio without having to buy a new BDS system all over.

Cheers!rem_bdsusb_1.jpg

Oh, that's nice! I was wondering if someone had something like this made. The cable is a bit long, but that would totally work for me. Sometimes I need to add a bit of juice to my phone, not that I want that RF bomb in my bag, but maybe if it was in one of the outer pockets.

Thanks for the post and idea!

• 6 months later...

*UPDATE*

It has been almost a year since I first posted about the Teradek Cube and I just wanted to add more of my thoughts about it. I was originally using one Cube for reality TV work, with great success, and I have since added a second one for film work. Teradek has updated the design with the Cube-155 which has an internal Li-Ion battery, OLED display, microSD slot, and a lot of other features which makes it excellent for the field. http://www.teradek.com/pages/cube

cubepink.jpg

I now have my two Cubes connected to an Apple AirPort Extreme. This allows anyone with an iPad, iPhone, or iPod to connect to the AirPort Extreme and see both camera feeds show up in the Teradek TeraCentral app, http://itunes.apple....d450925081?mt=8

teracentralipod.jpg

TeraCentral offers the ability to chose which feed to watch. The camera images in TeraCentral appear as still images that update every few seconds. This was taken while working on Lifetime's upcoming "Liz & Dick."

cubeldcamb.jpg

Having the ability to see both Cube feeds allowed me to grab this screenshot from the "B" camera while it waited. My boom operator Aaron Eschenburg operating on "Liz & Dick."