Lectro UMCWB for bag use

mateuf

The current pre-production unit is operating wide band......450Mhz to 950Mhz. Production units will be 470Mhz to 720Mhz

Ron, great compact design!

But I think you might be missing some of the foreign market by cutting down to 720Mhz. I would be interested in a unit working up to 865Mhz for my use in Spain, Germany, France and Portugal.

Thanks.

hello

a question for larry if ok, i will eventually split 4 ways but at the moment in this bag set up i have a lectro passive 2 way splitter

i was going to get a UFM50 to cover blocks 23 and 24, i belive the loss of a 2 way splitter will be 3db, if i set the ufm for the 5db gain will this cause any problems with the extra 2 db in a two way splitter?, the 2 way will be feeding 2 x SRA receivers.

Many Thanks

For any advice

Richard Paterson

Hi Richard,

The extra two dB is not enough to cause problems but I would recommend not even using an amplifier and just living with the 3 dB in loss. It is small enough to get into the negligible territory unless you are in a very quiet (RF wise) environment and you need extreme range. Remember, the splitter attenuates noise as well as the desired signal. In an urban environment, the 3 dB of loss won't be detectable. If you have the usual interference on the set, you won't be able to tell, either. I would add the amp when you go 4 way and have 6 dB of loss.

Best Regards,

Larry Fisher

Lectrosonics

hello

a question for larry if ok, i will eventually split 4 ways but at the moment in this bag set up i have a lectro passive 2 way splitter

i was going to get a UFM50 to cover blocks 23 and 24, i belive the loss of a 2 way splitter will be 3db, if i set the ufm for the 5db gain will this cause any problems with the extra 2 db in a two way splitter?, the 2 way will be feeding 2 x SRA receivers.

Many Thanks

For any advice

Richard Paterson

...thinking the same way but "from bag to cart", wouldn't there be a way to connect 2 (or 3-4-5-6) UCR411s into a Venue rack so the receivers just take advantage of Venue's antenna capabilities ? I mean, using the antennas inputs at the back of the units, usually used to link Venue racks together ?

This way, if I already own two 411s, I could buy a Venue rack plus two modules to put into it and link my 411s to have four receivers using the same antennas and the cart ? If, as time goes by during production the need for two more kits arises, I simply buy two modules plus two transmitters... bottom line, I still got my bag system with two 411s and a light version of Venue rack to complete things for cart gigs (in one block or even three different blocks of freqs).

Just checked again and more in details on the website while you were answering... indeed, no practical way but maybe a way using the modules connections inside the rack ? A "custom" way I mean...

At first, looking at a picture of the rack on a retailer website, I thought the "out" connections went to the antennas while the "in" connections were to use from another rack to link'em together... that was too easy !