Female to female hirose 4 pin adaptor

Hi guys,

Did a bit a googling but couldn t find what i was looking for..

Is there such a thing as a female to female 4 pin hirose adaptor and would it work powering from two male connector?

Needed to power a sr reciever with a np1 cup the other day and realized on set that i was needing such adaptor. Do i really need to buy another power cable?

Many thanks in advance!

Dom

I too was looking for something like this a while back. I could have sworn I had seen one on a camera rig... I ended up gutting a 9v cigarette power plug thing and using some panel mount 4 pin hiroses. It's held up just fine and is only mildly oversized.

I m a little surprised indeed that there is none of such product around. I mean it must be somehow of a common issue. Props for your solution. Another reminder that i really should learn to solder proper..

If you could describe it a little more precisely LSC can make it for you and so could we. LSC is cheaper. ours will be right the first time. wolf ( we make a lot of custom cables for the video assist folks) 310 822-4973

Well it s simply an adaptor that allows two male hirose 4 pin power cable to connect each other. Figured out i needed one when i had to power a sr lectro reciever with a np1 cup with each their cable with male ends..

Ideally a single piece adaptor but it could also be a short cable too..

i would just buy a Hirose to XLR-4F and Hirose to XLR-4M cable set. That way you have two more useful adapters for those random situations where you need to adapt from one connector to another.

I use very few xlr connectors for powering these days so i d rather stick with a only hirose solution for now.. The less connections in power link the less chance of problems. But thanks for the idea though, i ll keep that in mind.

I'm sure any of the location sound usual suspects could make one up really quickly. It might not be pre-made and on the shelf, but I can't imagine you are the first person needing one. I've ordered some custom power cables before due to certain cameras having relatively unique power connections (Red One, Alexa etc) when compared to the common ENG cameras.

• 1 month later...