Hiatus

Guest Mick

We're wrapping at Universal today and shooting three days in Vegas to conclude season seven. I want to take this opportunity to thank Jeff and all the contributors here for some great laughs, good info and entertaining and enlightening posts. To all in TV series, have a great hiatus and I hope we all get picked up (in the renewal sense of course) for next year. And to our bretheren in movies, docs reality, post sound and all audio related jobs, have a great summer.

Regards

Mick

Guest tourtelot

So much craziness and rumor about our pickup.  It is pretty funny how the crew's morale goes up and down in sympathy with the latest "the network said this about that."  All a grain oif salt for me, the "golden handcuffs" and all, but the mood on the set is like that of a menopausal woman (and I should know<g>).

D.

• 3 weeks later...

Mick,

when do you start back up on CSI LV ?  just read a article in the daily news business re: the writers strike, and that most of the shows are starting up in a few weeks. with more episodes

and double ups and that they are talking about "greenlighting" even more reality tv shows.

anythoughts or what has every body else heard??

• 1 month later...

I haven't heard anything other than a tentative shooting date (july 23rd) and two days of prep. I live in hope that the people involved will realize that this industry has endured many setbacks in the last decade and that the us and them gap is widening to a heretofore unimaginable distance. If this continues I can only foresee negative repercussions for the grass roots end of the business, as upper managenment seem hell bent on nest feathering rather than equitable distribution of assets.

Basically, nothing's changed.

Regards

Mick