transfer FiRe audio to PC

wolfvid

How do I transfer audio files to a PC via USB port wire from iphone recorded with FiRe?

FiRe is a better (free) recorder than the built in Voice Memo as it has a volume slider. You can also buy a $ 30 STEREO CHEPO MIKE THAT PLUGS CONVENIENTLY INTO THE iphone. Voice memo though has a emailer built in.

In order to combat piracy Apple does not allow for iOS device -> computer transfers via the USB cable.

Have you tired using Bonjour in Safari?

To access your FiRe recordings with Bonjour in Safari:

1 Launch FiRe on your iPhone/iPod and turn on Browser Access.

2 Open Safari on the PC and click the book icon in the upper-left corner of the browser window (it will be located directly under the back button)--this will open your bookmark collection.

3 Select the bookmark collection titled Bonjour. In the bookmark list that appears, you should see "FiRe on your iPhone/iPod" on the right

4 Select "FiRe on your iPhone/iPod" by doubleclicking

5 Safari will automatically connect to your FiRe recordings.

You can transfer as AIFF or WAV or something else. I don’t know the difference.

After you have transferred one file you have to go to Safari settings (the wheel in the upper right) and reset Safari and start all over for the next file. There is no batch transfer and since the transfer is over the net it’s slow even when you have a fast local WiFi. How this prevents piracy is beyond me.

What a fucked up tedious way to do this.

Support | Newsletter | Twitter | Facebook | YouSendIt Dropbox

FiRe support is fast though superficial

http://www.audiofile...ng.com/support/

Iphone Xferre

How do I transfer audio files to a PC via USB port wire from iphone recorded with FiRe?

FiRe is a better recorder than the built in Voice memo as it has a volume slider. You can also buy a $ 30 STEREO CHEPO MIKE THAT PLUGS CONVIENIENTLY INTO THE iphone. Voice memo though has a emailer built in.

In order to combat piracy Apple does not allow for iOS device -> computer transfers via the USB cable.

Have you tired using Bonjour in Safari?

To access your FiRe recordings with Bonjour in Safari:

1 Launch FiRe on your iPhone/iPod and turn on Browser Access.

2 Open Safari on the PC and click the book icon in the upper-left corner of the browser window (it will be located directly under the back button)--this will open your bookmark collection.

3 Select the bookmark collection titled Bonjour. In the bookmark list that appears, you should see "FiRe on your iPhone/iPod" on the right

4 Select "FiRe on your iPhone/iPod" by doubleclicking

5 Safari will automatically connect to your FiRe recordings.

You can transfer as AIFF or WAV or something else. I don’t know the difference.

After you have transferred one file you have to go to Safari settings (the wheel in the upper right) and reset Safari and start all over for the next file. There is no batch transfer and since the transfer is over the net it’s slow even when you have a fast local WiFi. How this prevents piracy is beyond me.

What a fucked up tedious way to do this.

Support | Newsletter | Twitter | Facebook | YouSendIt Dropbox

FiRe support is fast though superficial

http://www.audiofile...ng.com/support/

On the Mac, you just launch a program called Image Capture, which is free on all current Macs. Do that, then connect the iPhone, and you get access to voice memos, photos, and other files stored on the phone. "FiRE," I don't know about. But if I want to do a voice memo recording with reasonable quality, I just grab a portable Minidisc recorder.

--Marc W.