New Chinhda Cart available

Just wanted to send a [public] thank you to David and Chinhda for hosting me at the shop this past weekend to check out the new cart. It really seems like an awesome option, and doubly so for someone in my situation (a cramped NYC apartment, as discussed in ). Chinhda mentioned that it could currently fit in the doorway of an airplane bathroom, which provided a nice visual of just how teeny this thing is. The fit and finish is also top notch, and the ability to tip it on its back and roll it into a hatchback or station wagon was super cool, and felt very sturdy. It likely will be my next big gear purchase, and I'm really looking forward to getting together with them to build it out to work with my kit.

Just to add to what David said above and in previous threads, the new cart is also available in a wider version (21" vs. 15"--minus the additional wheel space, and there's also the ability to use the smaller frame with the larger sub-frame (which is fitted with rack mounts for that type of gear). That seemed like a nice option for those using Lectro or Zaxcom rack receivers, or rackmounted monitor systems. I'm on an octopack now, so it looks like the skinny one's for me.

I must say though, this definitely feels like a gateway drug to the full-sized Chinhda carts. HOLY FUCK those things are amazing.

Here's a pic I took in the shop, which pretty much is exactly how I plan to roll mine (with the side shelves whenever they become available). This one is currently being fitted with Mark Ulano's gear, which i thought was kinda cool.

photophb.jpg

e.

Well, Eric Toline signs his posts with "To the right is loud?"

Or, maybe Mark is so accomplished a mixer that he is practicing alternate hand mixing, like Mozart at the piano.

We demonstrated for Ethan the ability to lie the cart down with equipment mounted. The Mix-8 wasn't yet secure. Mark left it off precisely so that Chinhda could make a bracket to fasten it to the pull-out shelf. The other components (Deva, wireless) were secure so we pulled the mixer off for the demonstration. Then, after righting the cart again, someone just set the mixer down on the shelf without paying attention to how it was facing.

Thank you, Ethan, for the kind account of your visit.

David