SSD drive speed create Phasing Issues..

Mark LeBlanc

If you put the $500 wooden knobs on your recorder, the playback problem is alleviated. There's something about the resonate properties of the wood (it's a special wood, mind you, taken from indigenous trees in the Brazilian rain forest by native sharecroppers) that nullifies the inaccurate delay compensation in the D/A process.

I once read an amusing review on golden speaker cables.

This guy bought golden (or was is some silver stuff?) cables for $1000 dollars for his run of the mill speakers.

Anywho. He had let them (as the "manual" said) lie for 100 hours (!) prior to use and "The sound is amazing". Of course.

So I'm not surprised by this SSD stuff. I mean there had to be something fishy about it. :P

You can buffer the SSD phasing issues by using liquid mercury aqueduct interconnects (LMAI) between your amplifier and speakers.

Jim

You only get the complete benefit of those interconnects by using an eSATA cable made of an alloy consisting of unobtainium and platinum and a hard drive enclosure with a vacuum tube buffer amp. And some of those special cable supports will make those mercury interconnects much less resonant.

Best regards,

Jim

• 3 years later...