New Soundcarts

Geoff Maxwell

Hey everyone.. I've enjoyed and benefited from all the great information here over the past year or so. Thanks. I've made a few posts but I've certainly taken a lot more than I've given. In an attempt to rectify that imbalance, I am posting a "brochure" that gives an anatomy of 2 new carts that I just finished. Hopefully some of you will find the information useful. I seem to build new carts about every 6-8 years, this being my 4th round. I tried to put a lot of information in the post but if you have any further questions I'll do my best to answer. Thanks again for all the great advice and dialog.

Maxwell Soundcarts PDF.pdf

Cart Costs.pdf

That is really impressive, Geoff. I agree -- it is possible to transport gear attached to the cart with tough Velcro. I did this with my Deva 5.8 and Mix-12, but I made the decision to put a piece of cloth on top of them with a bungee cord, just in case. I also put small back plates behind them just to aid in precisely placing them on the velco strips. Never had one slip in the last year, since shifting over to the new Rastorder cart.

--Marc W.

I'm trying to source that out. Haven't had any luck yet. I definitely would prefer pneumatic tires for the shock absorption and also I'd like to get it up off the ground a couple of inches. Anyone have ideas for some cool looking.. but small.. pneumatic wheels? The current wheels are 4 inch so I would be looking for 6"+ And then of course I would need to put some little legs on the front.

• 9 months later...