Sanken CS1e RF interference

ChrisN

Hey Chris, some of us have been wondering about this mic as it is quite new. Would you care to share your experiences with it?? maybe here or under the other topic I started regarding the mic on the Equipment section of the group.

BTW I do like to keep the 416 handy as I have never had any RF issues with that particular mic

" I bought this mic as my first mic, the day that Sanken upgraded from CS1 to CS1e. "

so you know that it is a new version of an existing product...

" ever had experience with RF interference "

being so new, experiences are limited, and just trickling in (yours!)

What does your dealer have to say?? or the USA distributor Plus 24 ??

" Will a 416 be RF immune? "

immune is a pretty strong term, but the 416 is pretty much the gold standard.

upgraded to a CS1e as soon as one was available here in the great mid continent wasteland. I have had it in all kinds of odd situations...top cab in ATC control towers, under the tower with the Dallas PD dispatch antennas...just outside the hilltop with all the local TV transmitters, across the street from a medium power FM transmitter and so far nothing. the original never gave me a problem either. That said, your experiences may vary, but nothing so far for me...and while no microphone could be 100% RF immune, the 416 sure has never been a problem either.

cleve