Apple's arguments lack merit. - Judge says

RadoStefanov

I love the new Samsung Phone ads "Next Big Thing" tv spots that make fun of the Apple fanatics standing in line for the "Next big thing"

Here is the 90 Second version.

I think it is their way of striking back against Apple for their frivolous lawsuits to try to restrain Samsung from competing.

I love the new Samsung Phone ads "Next Big Thing" tv spots that make fun of the Apple fanatics standing in line for the "Next big thing"

Here is the 90 Second version.

I think it is their way of striking back against Apple for their frivolous lawsuits to try to restrain Samsung from competing.

"Is this what adultry feels like?"

Note that this is only in Germany. Filing an injunction is not the same thing as getting money out of Samsung. In other Apple news, they're requesting the court give them a $2.7 billion per year bond from Motorola, totalling over $16 billion.

Let's face it: a lot of these smartphones really did steal a lot from the iPhone. Whether you use an iPhone or not, it's clear that the hard work on the interface design, the glass face, the desktop, and all that other stuff was clearly Apple's invention. I think eventually, they're going to get a lot of money from all the Android phone manufacturers.

--Marc W.

Sorry this story is about an U.S. judge.

Clearly ANDROID manufacturers are clear of any danger especially after Google purchased Motorola, a bunch of patents from IBM and borrowed Microsoft patents.

When Nokia cross-licensed with Apple the only thing Nokia needed was the scroll patent.

Apple were lucky to get the patent on the scroll...

So now Apple are smart enough to concentrate on BOGUS claims that they invented the idea of the Tablet instead of software patents...

Note that this is only in Germany. Filing an injunction is not the same thing as getting money out of Samsung. In other Apple news, they're requesting the court give them a $2.7 billion per year bond from Motorola, totalling over $16 billion.

Let's face it: a lot of these smartphones really did steal a lot from the iPhone. Whether you use an iPhone or not, it's clear that the hard work on the interface design, the glass face, the desktop, and all that other stuff was clearly Apple's invention. I think eventually, they're going to get a lot of money from all the Android phone manufacturers.

--Marc W.

But I agree Samsung totally stole the looks of the iPhone.

Unfortunately not illegal.

The judge said in respect to smartphones that "a size that can be handheld, a screen that encompasses a large portion of the front face of the smartphone, and a speaker on the upper portion of the front face of the product" are not necessarily aesthetic features but functional ones that would make sense, and be legally allowable, on phones from Apple competitors.

Good for Samsung!

...and if it's really a better product, maybe I'll ditch this iPhone and get one... free enterprise and competition are what made Apple products so great to begin with. The resulting snobbery and belief that Apple is somehow beyond reproach is pretty ugly to say the least. Typed this on my iPhone, BTW ;)

~tt

I love the new Samsung Phone ads "Next Big Thing" tv spots that make fun of the Apple fanatics standing in line for the "Next big thing."

I love that line: "I could never get a Samsung. I'm creative!"

That is a funny spot. But the Samsungs are not selling well. Apple has sold over 200 million iPhones as of summer 2011; they're predicted to sell another 280 million iOS devices in 2012 alone.

--Marc W.

But as a platform Apple are loosing every day.

Android devices are twice as much in the USA.

And when finely Nokia get their game in the USA I predict Microsoft gaining extra 15 percent.

I love that line: "I could never get a Samsung. I'm creative!"

That is a funny spot. But the Samsungs are not selling well. Apple has sold over 200 million iPhones as of summer 2011; they're predicted to sell another 280 million iOS devices in 2012 alone.

--Marc W.