Shootout in downtown..

Richard Ragon

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should be ashamed to post that video. It shows an accident looking for a place to happen. That's some of the worst gun safety I've ever seen. You have a shooter in front of a shooter who is shooting at a target and you have other shooters sweeping bystanders with a loaded gun.

Eric

Not to mention the apparent lack of hearing protection.

JG

You should be ashamed to post that video. It shows an accident looking for a place to happen. That's some of the worst gun safety I've ever seen. You have a shooter in front of a shooter who is shooting at a target and you have other shooters sweeping bystanders with a loaded gun.

Eric

Some pretty intense rules violations for sure....

When we do go out into the boonies to shoot, we usually have a talk first, then place a big table out in front to shoot from behind....Guns are uncased on that table facing down range and carefully checked for rounds in the chamber... nobody goes in front or directly to the side of the table.... then and only then , after all firearms are open, free from shells, are they placed on that table, and after an announcement, does anyone go in front of it down range.... We also check for proper Ammo being used prior to putting it in the firearm.... Sh-t happens...

Barrels NEVER point in any direction but downrange... or up and downrange for some.. never swept, or carried around the area... We try to have no more than 2 shooting at a time... or 1 if possible... too many people firing away can be distracting to all. Ear and eye always.... and never more than 1 shell chambered, for a single clay shot, or 2 in the gun for a double. Chamber opened and remains so until that gun is at the table and facing down range again... while being loaded and ready to fire..

Now these aren't the only rules, but a big head start to being safe.... and having a fun day shooting AWAY from a properly operated range... Just because you left the range, does not mean you leave common sense rules, or, the rules of the range...

You have a shooter in front of a shooter who is shooting at a target...

This shot appears to be the only one not hand-held. It was probably on a tripod of sorts.

Overall I'm gonna have to agree with the commentary about the wisdom of this outing.

Although - there's something about girls with guns...

This shot appears to be the only one not hand-held. It was probably on a tripod of sorts.

Overall I'm gonna have to agree with the commentary about the wisdom of this outing.

Although - there's something about girls with guns...

The shooter I was talking about is not the camera person. It was both people with shotguns.

Eric

I heard the audio from that shooting incident in Hollywood. The cops yelled at the guy and told him to drop his weapon, he didn't, so they put around 4 or 5 rounds into him. Many suspect it was "suicide by cop" as he was heard yelling "kill me!".

In regards to the TV show COPS, I do know that sometimes the boom ops have had to use their boom poles for self defense on a few occasions. I've seen what they look like after that...

I do know that sometimes the boom ops have had to use their boom poles for self defense on a few occasions. I've seen what they look like after that...

I have the Hass affect brass weight on the end of my Ktek and thought about using it a couple of times.....knowing Ktek would probably repair any damage, no charge.

Regarding Senators lack of orange, he wasn't hunting game, that's not a game shotgun.