ZAXCOM ERX1 TCD OUTPUT LEVEL FOR RED ONE CAMERA.

piero

I usually feed DIT with the ERX and they feed the cameras, but the few times I fed RED's directly I set the ERX tc ooutput to 2v. Also, you can set (in the menu) which pin on the stereo mini carries tc for the times you need to feed both audio and tc with one unit.

Billy

2v seems to work well over here, although RED is intrinsically a little finicky. Another tip, when I first did this I set TC output to left or tip. If the mini cable is removed or inserted in the jack, for a battery change or accidental removal, the audio side, right or ring, gets a blast of 2v digital noise from the timecode completely overloading the audio input. For this reason I'd make audio left and TC the right channel.

2v seems to work well over here, although RED is intrinsically a little finicky. Another tip, when I first did this I set TC output to left or tip. If the mini cable is removed or inserted in the jack, for a battery change or accidental removal, the audio side, right or ring, gets a blast of 2v digital noise from the timecode completely overloading the audio input. For this reason I'd make audio left and TC the right channel.

+1 that's a smart move

FWIW, I recall some older threads about using the Denecke SB2 Time Code boxes with a Red. It seems, some of the earlier ones put out over two volts and had reported problems with the Red. The newer (or a modified older one) SB2 puts out a bit over 1v (I'll check that figure) and works fine.

I've done voltage measurements for both of my SB2 boxes (one newer, and one older/modified) and have the numbers back at the studio. I can check them when I get back.