election in International Camera Guild

Jeff Wexler

My father did not win the election. The interim president, Steve Poster, elected (appointed) by the National Executive Board, has now been elected by the membership vote. It was a very dirty campaign, riddled with all sorts of lies about Haskell, and it paid off for Poster. We'll see what happens --- the struggle to make the union a democratic organization responsive to the real needs of the workers will continue. Do not be fooled by the one democratic act of holding an election --- to a certain extent I guess the union is also subject to that concept that we get the government that we deserve --- in this case, there was a real chance for fundamental change and it has been lost.

Regards,  Jeff Wexler  (still so proud of my father, inspired by his commitment and passion)

I have to agree with Whitney.  I thought "Who Needs Sleep" would be more than enough.  Had the vote gone the other way the camera guild (with Haskell at the helm) would have been in a strong position to lead the way for the rest of the unions in reforming our work hours.

Sara

My father did not win the election. The interim president, Steve Poster, elected (appointed) by the National Executive Board, has now been elected by the membership vote. It was a very dirty campaign, riddled with all sorts of lies about Haskell, and it paid off for Poster. We'll see what happens --- the struggle to make the union a democratic organization responsive to the real needs of the workers will continue. Do not be fooled by the one democratic act of holding an election --- to a certain extent I guess the union is also subject to that concept that we get the government that we deserve --- in this case, there was a real chance for fundamental change and it has been lost.

Regards,  Jeff Wexler  (still so proud of my father, inspired by his commitment and passion)

sorry jeff.