Good news about Iphone 5...

RadoStefanov

My philosophy about cases on phones is the same as cover on cars.

If I buy an Audi R8 I would not put a cover on it.

Why do the same with a phone.

Agreed. Cases are for the clumsy. Not to mention the engineering that goes into making these phones so small. A case just throws that out the window..

Well, Brandon, you can use your insurance to get your phone replaced, because you dropped it and it BROKE. maybe a few days? wonder how life will treat ya for those days... Oh man, but you are not clumsy... but shit happens, right?

Rado, you WILL put a cover on your Audi - paint protection, rust protection, an ACTUAL cover which you will use in YOUR garage when you are off a week on a shoot, etc etc...

It's a different thing when a phone manufacturer makes it rugged enough to take a fall, dust, water spray etc. You guys are confusing this over something else.

For that matter, would you throw your Sennheiser, Lectro, Schoeps, Rycote, recorder and mixer all into a backpack and go off to a shoot? It's all pro rugged stuff, more rugged than an iPhone? NO - you will use a Pelican case, protect everything...

-vin

I do see the point of having a case, but I've never had to replace any phone I've ever had and I've never owned a case.

A few days without a phone would suck, but I'm willing to risk it to have a smaller footprint in my pocket.

I got the HTC Incredible right when it came out and it's still in mint condition.

I'm sure just because I'm typing this I'll break my phone later today and run away crying.

Then you can say, "I told you so"!

Any word on whether it will have the capability of all 5 radio channels? I've heard noises that the 4S has this already, but they disabled the T-mobile 3g data frequency (1700mhz) b/c ATT are still a bunch of pricks and hadn't given up their takeover when the phone was released.

Personally I think the Elago cases are A LOT better than the overpriced Apple Bumpers. They are cheaper, thinner, offer protection from the back, made of a softer and grippier material and extremely slimmed down for a case. LINK

This looks nice -- a little less protection for the face (it seems) but yeah, might be a better solution overall. My Bumper is falling apart.

~tt