post testing

Jeff Wexler

• 2 months later...

test good, looks good. nice features. ok hold on after trying to change the font or make a word bold it did not work, when you click the tab. the tab actually spells it out where you wanted it to go. for example, I was trying to underline hello gary and there is a at the beginning and a at the end of where I was trying to underline.

hello Gary, say hi to the dolphins for us.

I activated the so-called bulletin board codes which allow you to customize the text in a post. With the old forum version I did not use these because they did not seem to work well. Let me try something here, like making this BOLD and then some other things like colored text. I think they may be working but you may not be doing it right. THese things will not show up, I'm sure, until you post. The procedure as I know it is to highlight whatever text you want to change then hit the corresponding button on the tool bar above the text area of the post.

Let's see what happens.

Jeff Wexler

So, the BB codes do work but they might not all work. I think the ones relating to FONT changes may not, but BOLD and COLOR do work, and I imagine ITALIC, UNDERLINE and others will work. The INSERT FLASH and MARQUEE (that's the animated "M" button) are a little scary but maybe somebody else will play around with those.

Regards,  Jeff Wexler

Wow, Eric, I didn't know you had it in you. That is a wild effect, the Marquee, certainly gets the attention. I don't plan on using it, but you...  go for it!

Regards,  Jeff Wexler

It's really easy, just click on the effect link and put the words between the bracketed [move][/move] or[glow=red,2,300][/glow] descriptive words. How does this one grab you?

[glow=red,2,300]COMING SOON TO A THEATRE NEAR YOU!!!![/glow]

[move]The Motion Picture Of A lifetime: "The Jeff Wexler Story. Can A young Man from Chicago find Happiness, Fame and Fortune In California?" [/move]