Lectro UCR401 Issue

Travis Prater

I'm on set now with several Lectro UCR401 receivers, all being powered by the wall wart adapter in a power strip. When I cycle power for the cart(leaving all the power switches on the 401's in the "on" position), all receivers except one come back just fine. The one problem child powers back up with a black screen, but seems to function properly.

Is this a sign that something is wrong with the receiver? As of now it is purely "cosmetic" and is fixed by cycling the power switch on the unit itself, but is this the start of something worse? I haven't called lectro yet, I wanted to check here first...

Best,

-Travis

(P.S. not sure why the pic uploaded upside down but you get the idea just the same)

post-2963-0-48086100-1325888526.jpg

" I haven't called lectro yet, I wanted to check here first... "

Why, and Why ??

Did you try the double-secret ultra master reset sequence ??

" Is this a sign that something is wrong with the receiver? "

could very well be, or at least with the display...

Edited by studiomprd

Try a different wall wart since it may be coming up differently than the other adapters. I assume you are running off standard 120 Vac power from the local monopoly.

Of course it could be the Windows 1.0 operating system in the receiver. Have you applied the last 27 years worth of patches?

Best,

Larry F

Lectro

p.s. I'll ask the engineers if they've seen this.

I'm on set now with several Lectro UCR401 receivers, all being powered by the wall wart adapter in a power strip. When I cycle power for the cart(leaving all the power switches on the 401's in the "on" position), all receivers except one come back just fine. The one problem child powers back up with a black screen, but seems to function properly.

Is this a sign that something is wrong with the receiver? As of now it is purely "cosmetic" and is fixed by cycling the power switch on the unit itself, but is this the start of something worse? I haven't called lectro yet, I wanted to check here first...

Best,

-Travis

(P.S. not sure why the pic uploaded upside down but you get the idea just the same)

I've seen 411 receivers do this too and it always seemed to be heat related. They do carry on performing just fine but there was a couple of instances where the audio was sounding a little distorted when the screen was black. A power cycle resolved the issue.

I'm talking stinking hot days with receivers in the bag.

Its clearly a fault but you can continue using them without great worry.

Hey Peter,

I have used my 411s in 44-45 degree centigrade heat, day after day. Also in 40 with 100% humidity. No issues...

One thing - my Rx are not in a bag but on my cart inside the Sixpack...

-vin

Hi Vin,

The times I've seen the black screen have been random but on super hot days like yours. We measured the temperature in the bag one day when the ambient temp was over 40c, the temp in the bag was around 70c!!

I guess it would probably get pretty hot in your six pack too?

Cheers

Peter Mega