new Gallery feature for the Group

Jeff Wexler

I have added a Gallery feature for our Group which should make it easier and a little bit more organized for those wishing to post images. The Gallery can be accessed using the main menu selection GALLERY. The main menu is the menu that reads: HOME  HELP  SEARCH  ADMIN...  etc.

I haven't discovered all the things that can be done with this feature but it looks as if you may be able to start your own image gallery that is available to all of us. In its most basic function the Gallery is like a specialized Board for images where you post a "topic" that is essentially an image with description. It is the feature of more extensive description and comment that may make the Gallery a more useful place for images.

By putting in this gallery it is not to discourage members from posting images along with regular posts, it is just a new way to post images with better descriptions, comments and organization.

I have set permissions such that any member can access all the functions of the Gallery (with the exception of managing the Gallery itself).

Make sure you post any reactions, comments or problems using this new feature, or email me directly.

Regards,  Jeff Wexler

I noticed that the Gallery area, unlike the other regular Boards here, has no notification or tracking of new posts to the Gallery. This means that if anyone does start a new gallery or would like others to know about a new or recent posting of images, an announcement will have to be made here in Current NEWS & Announcements.

Regards,  Jeff Wexler

You may see images come and go as I play around with the Gallery...  I am not sure yet that it is a useful or valuable addition to the Group. The regular procedure, that of posting something in the appropriate Board, writing about it and putting up the image, has worked just fine so far. I don't want this Group to become another MySpace kind of thing for geeky sound people. We'll see how it goes.

Regards,  Jeff Wexler