• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi tvaudioman,

The Denecke Timecode Toolbox app does not jam sync to timecode. It only reads and geneartates TC. The only app that I'm aware of that does jam sync TC is the MovieSlate app from Pureblend Software.

The Android version of the app is on hold for now. We simply have too many projects going on right now and unfortunately the app is a low priority for now. My apologies to all of you who have been waiting for it.

I hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.denecke.com/Support/Documents/Smart%20Device%20Input%20&%20Output%20Cables%20Schematic.pdf

I made a cable for this, and I finally got it to work by using 330k instead of 33k. T/C output from my HS-P82 into a iPhone 3. I had 3 failed attempts and finally mocked it up on a breadboard. I didn't have a 330k so I tested it with 3 100k's and a 30K in series.

Once I realized it wouldn't take a jam, then I gave up on it. But I did get it to work. The 33K resistor wasn't padding down the signal enough with my old phone and ios. Increasing resistance, it wasn't until I reached 330K that it read the timecode consistently, and any more resistance would make the signal to weak. The meter was just about to hit yellow when it was able to read incoming t/c.

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the late reply.

TC is fed into the headphone jack of the iDevice. It requires a TRRS 3.5mm plug. The trick is that the second ring is ground and the sleeve is the mic input. This may help:

http://www.denecke.com/Support/Documents/Smart%20Device%20Input%20&%20Output%20Cables%20Schematic.pdf

Please note that the cpacitor is not necessary. Remote Audio makes cables which work great as well.

I hope this helps!

Charlie

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the late reply.

TC is fed into the headphone jack of the iDevice. It requires a TRRS 3.5mm plug. The trick is that the second ring is ground and the sleeve is the mic input. This may help:

Please note that the cpacitor is not necessary. Remote Audio makes cables which work great as well.

I hope this helps!

Charlie

Yes, that was it, thanks

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...