Forgot your password?
Posted October 20, 2011
in The Daily Journal
One of my favorite song from this group!
in Work Available - Available for Work
Posted October 19, 2011
"My new iPhone has excellent quality sound and picture..."
Music is the movement of sound to reach the soul for the education of its virtue.
in Images of Interest
Posted October 17, 2011
From the last short movie.
Posted October 11, 2011
I put it on informing the world and who wants to take part. If you offend someone apologize and deleted.
Do you think you have what it takes to scare the hell out of someone in 30 seconds or less using only sound? Here’s your chance to prove it, and win SONOPEDIA 2.0! But beware, the judges aren’t easily scared… Alan Howarth (Sound Designer / Composer on films such as Halloween, Poltergeist and Gremlins), Matt Busch (Star Wars and Hollywood Is Dead Artist), and Ric Viers (Author of The Sound Effects Bible and CEO of Blastwave FX) will all be judging your work – with the lights off! Deadline for submissions: November 1, 2011.
Here’s the scoop: Blastwave FX will provide you with a gaggle of sound effects (some horrifying and some sinfully simple). The rest is up to you and your evil imagination. There is only one rule: You can only use sound effects from Blastwave FX in your cauldron. If you own Blastwave FX libraries, you are allowed to use those sounds as well. As a special treat for Halloween, you can download one additional Power Pack from Blastwave FX for FREE to use in your submission. After registration, you will be provided with a coupon code good for one free $25 download pack. If you think your piece needs a little voice-over help, feel free to grab a mic and do your best Vincent Price, if you dare.
That’s it. Blastwave FX supplies the treats, you supply the tricks.
• The soundtrack can be abstract or literal, surreal or real, but the theme of Halloween, fright, horror and scary must be a strong component.
• You may only use sounds from Blastwave FX, in addition to any voice-over you choose to record. You may not use your own sound effects or music in the competition. Once you register you will receive a coupon code to download a free Power Pack to use in your entry.
• Judging Criteria: The judges will evaluate entries based on creative use of sound effects and how high they jumped in their chairs due to the bejeezus being scared out of them.
• The piece should be 25 - 30 seconds in length.
• Audio format for entries: interleaved, stereo wav or aiff file. 16/44.1 or higher resolution.
• The Winner must be prepared to describe how they created their sound narrative, such as what kinds of effects and editing techniques they used, software used, etc.
• Processing and plugins allowed.
• Submit entries by November 1, 2011. Please zip and email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Halloween Competition Submission YourLastName" in the subject line. You will receive a confirmation email within 1 - 5 days upon submitting.
• Sound sources: sound effects included in the download pack and sound effects from any other Blastwave FX library (including the one free download pack you're allowed with your coupon code - provided after registration). Also allowed is voice over in any language. You are allowed and encouraged to manipulate, chop up, process, layer, distort etc. the sounds.
• Participants’ names will be withheld from judges.
• Participants release all ownership rights related to their soundtrack to Blastwave FX.