788T recording error that says "take deleted" and more...

devin golub

hi all,

i had this weird issue with my 788t yesterday and today. during recording an error message comes up saying "take deleted" from both the CF and the hard drive. thankfully, the dvd ram burner is still working and recording properly. Another message comes up saying something like "hardware drive warning"

i assume I'm sending this back to SD..anyone have anything like this?

same thing happened to me - might be the int hard drive failing. if the hard drive goes, it has to be unplugged on the indside before the cf an ext drives will work again.

Good to know. Did you replace the drive yourself? I imagine working in there is much like doing surgery, although the drive is right there at the top...

ZILBk.jpg

I had this issue, and the relevant variable ended up being a bad CF card. The card had worked for me in my Fostex for years, but for some reason the 788 hated it. Since taking it out of rotation I haven't had a problem. No idea why this happens, but at least the problem was definitively identified.

hi all,

i had this weird issue with my 788t yesterday and today. during recording an error message comes up saying "take deleted" from both the CF and the hard drive. thankfully, the dvd ram burner is still working and recording properly. Another message comes up saying something like "hardware drive warning"

i assume I'm sending this back to SD..anyone have anything like this?

Devin,

Make sure you are running 2.16. There was a bug in 2.15 that could throw up spurious error messages like that.

I had the same fault last Saturday. I'm running V2.16. It seemed to me that it couldn't find the either the CF or hard drive media. I had been recording on both. I tried selecting hard drive only as the record media but the 788T seemed intent on only looking for both media.

After powering down and up again the 788T went into a mode which said something like "installing USB and Firewire drivers". After that was finished it still wouldn't go into record. After connecting to my laptop to remove the audio, I removed the Sandisk CF card and the 788T returned to functioning as normal.

CF card was pre formatted. I have since reformatted all my CF cards using "Erase" in the 788T.