Lectro Novice

Matt Bacon AMPS

Sorry I am a Lectro novice here in the UK. Could someone explain why the 200b/c transmitter models are not compatible with the new SR receivers? I know the new generation are digital hybrid but they have various compatibility modes? I assume it is compounder related but have been unable to find a definitive answer. Cheers

Not to be a PITA (or at least more than normal) but a lot of people here at Lectro put a lot effort into writing that manual. It really is worth reading and will pay you back in both money and saved time. Then you can get on this group and answer questions of people who haven't read the manual.

As an aside, I'm one of the worst offenders when it comes to reading manuals. It's a game to see if I can get it to work without touching a page. When I screw up the settings, though, I end up in the manual anyway. Think I'd learn....

Best,

Larry F

Lectro

Easy to say when your manuals are finely crafted...unlike most!

Not to be a PITA (or at least more than normal) but a lot of people here at Lectro put a lot effort into writing that manual. It really is worth reading and will pay you back in both money and saved time. Then you can get on this group and answer questions of people who haven't read the manual.

As an aside, I'm one of the worst offenders when it comes to reading manuals. It's a game to see if I can get it to work without touching a page. When I screw up the settings, though, I end up in the manual anyway. Think I'd learn....

Best,

Larry F

Lectro

Ah... thanks for everyones responses but I'm obviously missing something? The manual I downloaded from the website of the UK dealer Raycom on page 5 says 

"Note: This description applies only in 400 Series mode. In 200 Series mode, only one pilot tone frequency is used on all channels, emulating the original crystal-based system. In other compatibility modes, no pilot tone is used."

Yet the compatibility paragraph on page16 says

"COMPAT

The COMPAT setup screen selects the type of transmit- ter used with the receiver. The available modes are:

- HYB is used with Lectrosonics Digital Hybrid trans- mitters. This is the default setting and should be used if your transmitter supports it. This mode offers the best audio quality.

- IFB for Lectrosonics IFB transmitters.

- 110 Series for Lectrosonics 110 Series transmitters.

- 300 Series for Lectrosonics 300 Series transmitters.

- M.3 and M.6 are compatible with certain non- Lectrosonics transmitters. Contact the factory for details."

Where is 200 mode?

Oops. The 300 (Euro) mode is set up for 50 kHz deviation per European limits. The 200 series (U.S.) is set for 75 kHz deviation. That is the only major difference other thant the 300's were 50 mW and the 200 is 100 mW. There is an adjustment pot inside the transmitter that can be used to reduce the deviation to match the 300 mode. You do need a demodulation analyser to check the setting.

Best,

Larry F

Lectro

p.s. Glad you read the manual.