My first big release...

curleysound

This August will bring the long-awaited release of the biggest film I've keyed to date. "D-War" is hitting 1500 screens domestically, and will also have a worldwide release as well. It's the highest budget film ever released by a Korean production company, and it's an effects bonanza where giant serpents tear LA apart. It's spent a long time in post, and had trouble getting distributed, so it's coming out more than 2 and a half years after it was shot. I was hoping its release would've boosted my marketability a couple years ago, but if nobody's seen it, then what good is it, right?

Check it out at www.d-war.com

Anyhow, my question to the folks who've seen many of their gigs get released wide is: What have you done after the first big one to help you along further, and/or what would you have done differently to take more advantage of it?

Thanks,

Tom

Congratulations Tom!

Dragon/large serpent movies have always been an inviting (but often disappointing) colour on the movie palette. I checked out the photo's on imdb and the dragon looks kinda cool.

It was nice to finally meet you on set saturday (and your brother). For those that have not yet met Tom out of cyberspace, he does in fact exist, and resembles both the pictures I've seen and the garnered notion that he is a rather fine fellow.

Look forward to working near/with you again someday (next time perhaps on the same unit).

Doug

Congratulations Tom!

Dragon/large serpent movies have always been an inviting (but often disappointing) colour on the movie palette. I checked out the photo's on imdb and the dragon looks kinda cool.

It was nice to finally meet you on set saturday (and your brother). For those that have not yet met Tom out of cyberspace, he does in fact exist, and resembles both the pictures I've seen and the garnered notion that he is a rather fine fellow.

Look forward to working near/with you again someday (next time perhaps on the same unit).

Doug

Thanks for the kind words Doug! Good meeting you too! Don't forget that I'm the one who clued you in about your initials... ;)

Tom