Zaxcom Seminar @ Coffey Sound on February 18th

Hi All,

Please join myself and Glenn Sanders at Coffey Sound for a Seminar & BBQ on Saturday, February 18th. The seminar will start at 9am followed by a BBQ lunch where we'll be raffling off 3 ERX1 IFB audio receivers.

Glenn will be demonstrating the first all digital sound bag utilizing Nomad and our new STA042 stereo camera link. He'll also be introducing new wireless features including our new SlipStream™ software mode and PowerRoll.

Full details are on our website: http://www.zaxcom.co...nts-exhibitions

Hope to see you there!

Colleen

''I asked Glenn while I was over there, he said he'd be rendered useless for about a week by the jet lag!''

Easy: go into the extended menus (you get there by pushing-holding the nose while pulling the finger), adjust ''delay'' to 13 hours and that's it. Reboot. Glenn's functionnal.

Don't forget to put back the previous settings when back to USA...

''I asked Glenn while I was over there, he said he'd be rendered useless for about a week by the jet lag!''

Easy: go into the extended menus (starts by pushing-holding the nose while pulling the finger), adjust ''delay'' to 13 hours and that's it. Reboot. Glenn's functionnal.

Don't forget to put back the previous settings when back to USA...

THIS. Amazing.

• 3 weeks later...

Will it be possible to see it after that date, stored somewhere on Trew's website ?

I'm guessing that's the plan.

I was one of those who watched it live. Kind of cool to do so. I recognized John G. from the East and our host Jeff made a cameo appearance. According to the viewing window around 42, or so, watched it online. About half way through there were some reception issues, but it was still neat to "participate."

I wonder who won the door prizes. They didn't stream that part.

I don't remember exactly who won the other prizes but I won one of the ERX receivers!

Congratulations! Wireless seem to be attracted to you whenever you're in a raffle. I guess it's not just Lectros.

It would be awesome if in the future they could find a way to register online viewers and include them in a raffle.

Do you already have any ERXs, or have you used them? I'm curious how well they work on a large set which is often more spread out.

Comteks have served me well so I'm not in a hurry to change. However, I am intrigued by the ERXs time code capabilities and I imagine encryption could be a big deal on some sets.

Do you already have any ERXs, or have you used them? I'm curious how well they work on a large set which is often more spread out.

Comteks have served me well so I'm not in a hurry to change. However, I am intrigued by the ERXs time code capabilities and I imagine encryption could be a big deal on some sets.

I have only had one ERX in my kit, got it the day they came out, but have been wanting to get more. It's performance is wonderful, unprecedented and superior to any IFB receiver/system I have used. Range has never been an issue for me since I use an amp (antenna mounted) with a high gain directional antenna on a mast on my cart. I have never thought of the ERX as a replacement for the 18 Comtek PR-216 receivers I have. The Comteks have performed beautifully and have adequate sound quality for their usual intended purpose. What I DO use the ERXs for is super high quality audio monitoring for boom operators who demand it (like Don Coufal whenever we do wireless boom work which is rare), a director who wants it, or as a feed to camera (for the times I am working with a camera that needs a feed --- video camera, not film --- also quite rare for me up to this point). What the ERX is not good for, and others have pointed this out, is for the Utility person to be able to go off set and out to the truck or trailer and still keep in touch with the set. It is the nature of 2.4 ghz transmission at play here and the Comtek UHF units will work much better in these situations.

Thanks, Jeff. Exactly what I was thinking, though with some other recent purchases, I'm not ready to dive into the ERX pool, yet.

I carry 8 PR-216 receivers, (have as many transmitters -- that's another story), and a couple dozen or so PR-72 receivers. All have been good performers, and while I don't personally think the sound quality is very good, clients have been pleased.

I see the ERX units as a possible for specialty situations such as you describe or the times when I've worked with script supers who need to also take time code notes -- they'd love 'em in the TC version.

I'm thinking their biggest inroad might be if a production insists on audio security and encryption is the order of the day.

In any case, more tools to choose from is great for us.

I own several ERX's as well as Comtek's - I use both. But one of the things I like about the using the ERX with Nomad is the convince factor. Doing ENG / Doc work I find often there is a very last minute request for some one to be able to listen. So it is very easy to hand out an ERX or two with no need to set up a transmitter.