Sounds like a scary movie.

Colin Heath

We all know that scary movies, depend on the scary sound design. But heres a movie that sorta has elements like the shinning(large old empty hotel), but also some interesting ideas. Some of the sequences are the main characters recording "evp" sounds with a shotgun mix. Some of the contacts they make with ghost are only heard through the recordings, which are shown in the Trailer. Looks to be some good sound design and an interesting scary movie.

http://io9.com/5881465/the-innkeepers-is-a-horror-movie-that-knows-the-scariest-thing-is-a-creepy-sound

If I worked at creepy hotel and was told "you musent go into the basement" I WOULD NOT GO INTO THE BASEMENT!

This reminds me of the old Richard Pryor routine about how he'd react if he wound up owning the Amityville Horror house: "Isn't this nice honey? We got our own house and everything!"

GET OUT!

"Too bad we can't stay here. Let's go!"

Same deal with his brilliant routine on The Exorcist. "The bed... is on... my foot!" Just incredible. If I heard something on that when I was pointing a shotgun mike, I'd just high-tail it outta there.

baton.jpg

Batbox Baton

The Baton is a simple but versatile bat detector having a monitor speaker allowing reduction of frequencies between 20kHz to 120kHz. The division factor is 10, reducing the sounds of a 50kHz bat to 5kHz. The unit comes with a version of BatScan sound analysis software, developed especially for the Baton. In addition, if attached to the soundcard of a laptop computer by a stereo lead from the ‘line out’ of the Baton, it will produce real-time sonograms, allowing detailed analysis of calls when used with BatScan software.

The Baton retains the original amplitude of the calls recorded, allowing 3D analysis of bat calls. (time, frequency and intensity). Calls can also be recorded on other devices such as MP3 or minidisc for later analysis. MP3 files will have to be converted to WAV files before Batscan will be able to load them. The Baton is also ideal for listening to orthoptera (grasshoppers and crickets) whose communication is in the upper part of, or above human hearing. One PP3 9V battery lasts for up to 30hrs (alkaline).

http://www.batbox.com/baton.asp

Help this girl to find the ghost.. Haha

We all know that scary movies, depend on the scary sound design. But heres a movie that sorta has elements like the shinning(large old empty hotel), but also some interesting ideas. Some of the sequences are the main characters recording "evp" sounds with a shotgun mix. Some of the contacts they make with ghost are only heard through the recordings, which are shown in the Trailer. Looks to be some good sound design and an interesting scary movie.

http://io9.com/58814...-a-creepy-sound

Maybe using the new Sennheiser MKH666? Eeek! Thanks for sharing :)