QRX100 Frequency Scans

MatthewFreedAudio

42574619-0276-1d88.jpgI have two Zaxcom QRX100Q receivers in block 21. When doing a scan they are returning very different results. In the photo the receiver on top is running software version 1.09 and the other receiver is on version 2.0.

The two receivers seem to return similar clear and not clear frequencies but the top receiver has much less strength of the various frequencies it is picking up whereas the bottom receiver picks up the same frequencies but with a stronger presence of those signals.

I've swapped around the whip antennas in about every configuration possible, swapped power cables, and audio cables. I also hooked them up to the new PSC RF SMA splitter and to just the whip antennas. Same sort of differences in all configurations.

Any reasons for this or things I can check?

NOTE: when I uploaded the photo it rotated 90 degrees for some reason. Just tilt your head left...

www.matthewfreed.com

Production Sound Mixing for TV, Films, and Commercials

The software 2.0 changes the scaling of the frequency display window. If you update the other receiver, I'm betting the two would match more closely.

Failing that, does the second RX have an IFB option board? If it does, the antenna may need replacement as a faulty 2.4ghz antenna can spew all sorts of cr*p...

I was wondering if it was just a scaling thing. If that is the case then my block 21's have no usable frequencies here in West LA. That's not a good sign.

Neither receiver has the IFB option but I do have an IFB100 and a block 26 900AA with an STA100 all in the same bag, but with as much physical separation as possible.

It doesn't seem to matter if the IFB and 900aa transmitters are powered on or off; I get wonky scans either way.

www.matthewfreed.com

Matthew,

Do you use the qrx100 next to a Nomad?

There was a report here that Nomad sprays a lot in Block 21.

I see the qrx100 are not in the bag but still wondering.

I was wondering if it was just a scaling thing. If that is the case then my block 21's have no usable frequencies here in West LA. That's not a good sign.

Neither receiver has the IFB option but I do have an IFB100 and a block 26 900AA with an STA100 all in the same bag, but with as much physical separation as possible.

It doesn't seem to matter if the IFB and 900aa transmitters are powered on or off; I get wonky scans either way.

www.matthewfreed.com