URGENT: Nomad False Start Problem, Recording In Progress

Robbie Leppzer

I'm recording now with the Nomad and when I press stop, I get a False Start page, which only gives me three options:  mark , delete or cancel.   

When I press mark, the recording continues.  When I press cancel, the recording continues.  I'm afraid if I press delete, my files will be deleted.

What do I do to stop the recording and safely save my files?

As I'm currently recording (Sunday, 2:40pm ET), I don't know what do except turn the power off to stop the recording, and I'm afraid if I do that my files will definitely be lost. So, I would appreciate some immediate answers if possible, as I have about 8 hours until my card is full.

Robbie Leppzer

Turning Tide Productions

As far as I know this is the second user who just reported this issue - where after hitting stop Nomad will go into the false take screen instead of stopping recording. This doesn't happen every take or is even repeatable in any sort of pattern - it is a very random occurrence. But regardless it is a software bug.

This should easily be correctable in software.

In the mean time if you happen to experience this - it is OK to power down Nomad and all your recordings will be safe till that point.