lets play guess the budget

ccsnd

I got this email today for some post work. Edited down to bullet points

Here is what we are looking for

Film: Horror

87-90 Pages Script,

Shot in Digitial (Canon 5D/7D with 3 Cameras & Go Fish)

Sound Recorded and available separately

We have completed our first Edit for reference point (This will help to understand the seq and make information available to speed up your professional Edit)

What is needed:

You have an access to Studio (No Home Based Edit)

You have an experience or have a team with all components

1-Professional Edit (A-Z Full Edit)

2-Sound Sync and Adjustments (Sound Control) you or your team member

3-Special Effects if needed & Color Corrections

4-need DVD & Blue-Ray, must be able to make theater version (Sound and Screen Adjustments)

5-Work with our Musician for Score (Coordinate with our Musician for score)

It is a One person or 2 person job based on experience, we need one fixed Cost (It is work for hire)

Cost: One time

Credit /negotiable

Time/Duration for the above work

Please provide reference of your work experience in horror or related subject.

We are evaluating other members and will contact the best based on experience, studio access/Mixing/equipments and Cost.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love it when I see these ads, where they're basically asking for one person to do the work of at least five or six people. This particular ad would cover at least a picture editor, dialog editor, music editor, sound effects editor, temp editor, colorist, visual effects artist, re-recording dialog mixer, re-recording music mixer, and re-recording effects mixer... and I shouldn't leave out a post supervisor, VFX supervisor and a sound supervisor. And that's for a pretty simple movie. You could add many, many more, up to and including a compressionist, menu artist, designers, and data ops to make the DVD and Blu-ray copies.

They'd be lucky to get a "home based edit" for one low, low price.

Yea, really. How does spending extra money for a commercial location equate to better end product? Commercial locations tend to be in commercially-active areas, which will then need treatment ($$$) to isolate and block the outside noises, where a residential area tends to be naturally quieter. I can see requesting specific programs / systems for your editing (Must use protools, etc) but saying that it cannot be a home-based system is just rude. I know plenty of people that have VERY impressive home systems, precisely because they haven't spent the money on commercial rent.

"We are super important big-shot types because we can call ourselves a producer... So we get to make all kind of demands about how we want our project done. But we are also 'artists' and not rich... So we will make all these demands while simultaneously expecting to not have to PAY for any of them"

That sound about right for the tone of their letter / posting?

Hey guys, this stuff happens in Aus too, check out this one - http://www.thebunyip...e.com/crew.html

They are pretty determined :mellow: but No pay for anyone! - Dreaming...

They even have a Movie on the home page explaining that they are on a MICRO budget...

Thoughts?

This is taken from their 'funding' page. Seems they've got themselves $3000 so far from crowd-funding.

"$500 will go towards an indie-filmsound kit so we can record high-quality sound on location."

HA.