Mix12 Light Under Keyboard

mprice

• 1 month later...

I seem to remember someone modding their Mix-12 with either a fluorescent or LED mini strip in order to backlight the built in keyboard. What did you use? Thanks, Mathew Price

Didn't you just do this? Did you use the Ikea assembly and did it turn out to be 12volts? Or did you make your own? I just put LED strips to light my report tray and was now considering putting them in the Mix12 as well.

• 11 months later...

I seem to remember someone modding their Mix-12 with either a fluorescent or LED mini strip in order to backlight the built in keyboard. What did you use?

Thanks,

Mathew Price

Hey, Matt. Pete over at Gotham carries short 12V LED strips that can run in series. I was looking at them myself a few days ago for a new, tricked-out follow cart...

Completely unrelated to sound, but I'm a RC cars user and in a You Tube wander I found a guy that used this led strips from Walmart to do a kind of neon under glow lighting to one of his trucks and the look really bright. They work on 12 V, so it will be matter of wire up a 4 pin XLR or whatever your power distro uses and place them to where you want them in a very economical way. That is a link for canadian walmart but I'm pretty sure you can find them or something similar where ever you live.

Cheers.

Ruben R.

• 1 year later...

Just today I heard something dancing into the chassis of my Mix12, I guess it is a loosen screw or something similar...

So, I was thinking to open the Mix12 and see what it is.

Anyone of you has already opened it and could tell me how to do this?

Do I have to remove all the faders, gain pots and the eq wheel, or the top panel come away after the 10 main screws on the top were removed?

Any help is appreciated.

btw, I've just wrote to Zaxcom but still no answer, so I'm writing here too to go with the faster.

Thanks,

vale.