RAMPS/JWS NAB Party: Are you coming?

Jim Feeley

The annual mixer mixer takes place during the NAB conference on Tuesday April 17 at the Satay Grille in Las Vegas:

http://sataylasvegas.com/Location.html

If you plan to attend, please fill out this brief RSVP form so we can establish an accurate guest count and order enough food:

http://bit.ly/yHt6G9

RSVPs to the JWS forum (ie- this discussion thread) do not count and will not reserve a space for you at the party.

Note that there is a door charge that gets you access to a buffet and friends. Drinks are extra (but reasonable). In the past, the cost has been far under $30. A bargain. We'll know this year's price later, but expect it to be about the same.

Note the the form requires that you provide the secret word. We use a secret word to distinguish between spammers who stumble on the form and actual attendees. This year's secret word is:

speed

Thanks,

Jim "just one of several helpers" Feeley

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the +1 thoughts for this thing? Obviously, two covers paid, but do any of you folks bring your significant others along to Vegas for the conference, and do they attend this party with you? Mine could care less if she comes or goes, but I'd like to know what is kosher.

Really whatever you wanna do is kosher -- it's a party, after all.

• 2 weeks later...

I see in Mapquest that the Satay grille is away from the strip by no more than a mile if you're by Bally's. Is the Satay location walkable or separated by major highways? Going anyway, but will we need to cab it?

You can walk from the convention center or the strip. Not a beautiful walk, but not terrible. There are sidewalks, stoplights, and crosswalks.

• 2 weeks later...

You can walk it... But in Las Vegas, pedestrians are considered valid targets. :) The trick with a cab is knowing the route at least a little bit. They won't always take you excessively out of the way, but they DO tend to want to use The Strip to get you there... Because time passes faster than the traffic on that road. You don't want to pay for just sitting in a cab.

• 4 weeks later...

We're getting close to NAB, so if you haven't yet RSVP'd for the RAMPS party Tuesday night, please do so ASAP. There's a link to the short RSVP form:

*At the top of the main jwsoundgroup page:

http://jwsoundgroup.net/

*In the first post of this discussion thread.

*And here:

http://bit.ly/yHt6G9

The secret word remains "speed"

If you're planning on coming, please let us know so we can plan for enough food.

Jim

ps- alas, the travel kitty meows that I probably won't be going to NAB this year.

I see in Mapquest that the Satay grille is away from the strip by no more than a mile if you're by Bally's. Is the Satay location walkable or separated by major highways? Going anyway, but will we need to cab it?

I've walked it many times. There are also buses that run along there. They even run all the way to and from the airport -- it's all in knowing the routes (and whether they've changed them at the last minute). Do some web searches and you should be able to find the routes and schedules, etc.

Just to pile on, if you show up before 7pm, you're good to go. If you show up after 7pm of course you are welcome but a couple buffet items might be in short supply...but you'll still find good stuff to eat.

Oh, if you haven't RSVP'd please do so at the link shown at the top of the jwsoundgroup.net homepage.

Have a great time everyone. Sorry I can't be there. Toss my name in the hat for the raffle </kidding>.

Jim

• 2 weeks later...