panasonic HPX300 wireless UNI gain stage on Lectro reciever

There's an "expanded view" of the audio meters that lets you see a -20 (etc) mark. You can find your way to that through the manual (pg. 73 my PDF says). Sorry; only worked with the camera once, and it was a while ago. Don't recall anything special or tricky. Hopefully someone else can help more.

I'm working from my faulty memory, but the way the large meter function is set up was so "Red-like" it stuck in my memory. In the "SW MODE" menu you can set functions for the user buttons - Main, User 1 and User 2. The "MAG A. LVL" function can be assigned there to one of those 3 buttons via that menu.

The position of the reference tic mark is set via the HEADROOM setting in the audio setup menu. It will be at either -20 or -18.

The sensitivity of the camera mic input can be set to -40, -50 or -60 in the audio menus and the rear XLR mic level sensitivity to either -50 or -60.

Handy hint - each dot on the unexpanded meter equals 2 dB. So as you back the level down from -12, count off the numbers per dot.

Best regards,

Jim

I'm working from my faulty memory, but the way the large meter function is set up was so "Red-like" it stuck in my memory. In the "SW MODE" menu you can set functions for the user buttons - Main, User 1 and User 2. The "MAG A. LVL" function can be assigned there to one of those 3 buttons via that menu.

The position of the reference tic mark is set via the HEADROOM setting in the audio setup menu. It will be at either -20 or -18.

The sensitivity of the camera mic input can be set to -40, -50 or -60 in the audio menus and the rear XLR mic level sensitivity to either -50 or -60.

Handy hint - each dot on the unexpanded meter equals 2 dB. So as you back the level down from -12, count off the numbers per dot.

Best regards,

Jim

The Wireless input on the HPX300 is set at -40. Can not be changed like " if I recall correctly" on the 900.

After 45 minutes of tests with the camera limiters off I got to the following conclusion:

Sound Devices 552 limiter set at +8

Lectro hops set by Lectro standards.

SRA uni set at -35

Gain knobs at 2:30 a clock "which is the third point from the center.

• 1 month later...