canon c300

Was having the same issues with only hearing L channel on return - there is in fact a record channel option where it will record channel 1 to both channels and ignore channel 2.  That obviously needs to be set correctly, was set a charming little trap by the last soundie as I wasn't aware of it until I started only hearing boom.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was having the same issues with only hearing L channel on return - there is in fact a record channel option where it will record channel 1 to both channels and ignore channel 2.  That obviously needs to be set correctly, was set a charming little trap by the last soundie as I wasn't aware of it until I started only hearing boom.

Unfortunately many video cameras have this "feature".

phil p

• 3 months later...

Working with 3 this Friday...2-3 person interview hardwiring from 442...xlr, hi rose..maybe isos

Ask whether "monitor" add on is being used (as opposed to 1/8" in)

Set input menu to Ch1.

menu for return level if level button used for something else.

missing anything?

My latest issue with this camera is broadband RF interference emanating from the HDSDI cable between the camera and an on-board LCD monitor mounted on the back of a shoulder rig.

A scan on my QRX indicates almost full interference on all channels. The problem disappears as soon as you unplug the BNC at the camera end. The LCD being on or off makes no difference.

The BNC cable is fairly thin and cheap looking. Hoping a beefier or double shielded BNC could help but we don't have one on hand unfortunately.

Something to watch out for. I don't think this is a C300 specific problem.

Could the type of coaxial cable make a difference? RG59 vs RG6 for example?

Cue Senator: "maybe!" :)

I guess you prefer all caps: SENATOR Mike Michaels, c.a.s.

I meant in terms of what would be unique to this camera in a straight to camera feed.

But in general, I think there are times in fairly lengthy discussions about new gear to attempt a list of unique issues with the piece.