TRX900aa/STA150 Mod result

Zack

As far as you need to drill.

Old mechanics trick to re-tap spark plugs threads (for example); you certainly DON'T want drilling fragments into your pistons...

The grease kind of ''grabs'' the fragments as you drill in. Drill slowly and you shall be all right. How far you have to go into the unit, I don't know but I'd put a tape around the bit (as a guide so I don't go too far in the case) at around 1.5mm (1/16'') to start with and see from there. Slowly incrementing .5 mm every time 'til I get through. (in fact, pushing a little against my tape on the bit)

One more detail: you don't want to punch a pilot mark with punch&hammer but if you got a dremel, you can just ''start'' a hole and go with the drill from there.

Actually, as you guessed, I didn't do it but that's exactly how I'd do it.

Supposedly the drilling of the hole is not recommended by Zaxcom. It might help a little bit, but again, not recommend. I should be receiving my mod shortly so I'll post results when I get them. As of now, I am keeping my TRX/STA (Block 26) in the outside pouch of my Petrol and currently get anywhere from 0-3 pixels of RF spray on my Lectro 411's (Block 21) and SRa (Block20). Hopefully that will kill some of it after Larry's posting that approximately 1 pixel on a Lectro Rx is a 50% reduction in range.

Haven't actually done that test honestly. I saw it happening in the bag you saw in the zaxcom demo Glenn did.... it was visual, how bad it was affecting it though.. i have no idea. The Rx, at least the QRX i believe had a recent update (I haven't done yet) that is showing a bit more activity in the meters I've heard others speaking about. I think those discussion details can be found on the zax forums though.

not immune by any means. though i set up my bag a few days ago before shipping it to mexico with 2 qrx100's on block 24ish (uk608-638) and a trx900aa/sta150 block 26.

i saw some rf on scans on the qrx with the whip antenna on the trx900. using the filter dipole antenna gave me completely clear scan.

having the nomad switched on made no difference, though i had it behind the divider that i had stapled the rf blocking material too.

after seeing Zack's post, my qrx are, i believe are not the latest spec of rf board. though the hired in qrx for this job were returned form the factory last october and i believe are the latest spec, and they did show a lot more noise on scans than mine. will do some scans with the nomad next week if i get the chance.