Show me your bag

Mark Vesterskov

Here's my usual mixer kit:

SQN4S series 4 Mixer

Lectro 401/um400a x2 (block25)

Sennheiser HD-25mk2

Sanken lavs x2 / tram x1

Rycote undercovers/overcovers + spares

double sided tape / strapping tape (lav mounting)

extra lav mounts in "pencil case" with the sankens

Nimh 9v x4 (batteries for lectro tx)

Mixer/radios powered by a Swit 56Wh NP1 lasting up to 3x shooting days. (power distribution via SQN hirose output )

Spare TX line/mic input cables in pouch (for music gig coverage or mono link if required)

Portabrace harness/waist strap.

Approx 7kgs, depending..

I don't fiind this kit heavy but I'm not getting any younger..

I work on mainly youth shows, docos & "small crew" TVCs, this kit seems to cover most things that crop up. Of course I have a few pelican cases with extras but they tend to come out when needed and are payed for...

Regards, Grant.

post-216-0-34118800-1329709782.jpg

Here's my usual mixer kit: SQN4S series 4 Mixer Lectro 401/um400a x2 (block25) Sennheiser HD-25mk2 Sanken lavs x2 / tram x1 Rycote undercovers/overcovers + spares double sided tape / strapping tape (lav mounting) extra lav mounts in "pencil case" with the sankens Nimh 9v x4 (batteries for lectro tx) Mixer/radios powered by a Swit 56Wh NP1 lasting up to 3x shooting days. (power distribution via SQN hirose output ) Spare TX line/mic input cables in pouch (for music gig coverage or mono link if required) Portabrace harness/waist strap. Approx 7kgs, depending.. I don't fiind this kit heavy but I'm not getting any younger.. I work on mainly youth shows, docos & "small crew" TVCs, this kit seems to cover most things that crop up. Of course I have a few pelican cases with extras but they tend to come out when needed and are payed for... Regards, Grant. post-216-0-34118800-1329709782.jpg

Grant, I realised u are carrying the same petrol PEGz-1 as mine, one of the older versions that only has a strap that is adjustable with one D-ring but is always in the position where the bag is unbalanced.. How do u manage to get it balanced with the harness? Mine always ends up sliding all the way to the back of the bag, making the whole bag unbalanced.

Mine.

I added ( not on all pictures ) the Unislot Blue anodised frame in order to make the removal of the SRa a breeze. Now i can load my bag with just the correct amount of wireless i need and make the bag lighter in the process. Connection for them is thru a DB25 that has Audio and DC in it ( my custom built cables ).

post-402-0-03953100-1329746410.jpg

post-402-0-29549700-1329746426.jpg

post-402-0-28238000-1329746436.jpg

post-402-0-06070400-1329746453.jpg

post-402-0-89435900-1329746463.jpg

post-402-0-33812800-1329746473.jpg

Mine.

I added ( not on all pictures ) the Unislot Blue anodised frame in order to make the removal of the SRa a breeze. Now i can load my bag with just the correct amount of wireless i need and make the bag lighter in the process. Connection for them is thru a DB25 that has Audio and DC in it ( my custom built cables ).

That's really cool pascal. Nice work :)

Cloud: are these all LTAs ?

I like these old knobs on the 5.8 ! (or is that a Deva 16?)

What does your antenna system look like ?

four LA and two LT,yes me too like the bigger knobs,you can't really work with those smaller knobs,it's just a deva5.8,i ordered knobs two years ago,they should still have some.

antenna just the normal zaxcom shark fin.Works just fine.

best

Cloud

lol

You cannot just have a 5.8 dude ! :D

Nice rig (you're probably one of the few who're all Zaxcomed here) , and thanks for the info about the antennas ...

btw, do you use an IFB100 for remote control of Txes functions ? IFB antenna, same as Billy and Jan if so ?

Pascal Niiice ! (already saw it on another thread and still think the same :) )

Well played guys but....

You can't compete with this set up:

Pegz2.

Center piece - brains of it all is the ZOOM H2 24/48. Allows simultaneous recording of Comtek Radio Mic/ IFB and Boom. If VHF hits are a problem, I can quickly remove it from the bag and place recorder discretely on talent with stock Comtek Lav (still works). I then lock into camera with my trusty XLR-1/8" stereo connector (Pegz2 allows space for adapters, always carry them especially 4 pin lemos?!)

Spacious Front pouch for Time Code (Free-run TOD) Double system- notice the knife and fork hands? Can Ambient Recording do that?

Manfrotto Unipod, what can I say? Stands on its own three feet and supports H2 for SFX gathering.

Fig 8 Capsule for unwanted 0 and 180 degree Walla, works great on podiums (altars?)

Notice how, by simplifying one can fill gaps in bag with awesome reading material, allowing dreams to flourish, and money left over for a decent Denecke PS-1A.

"It's not the arrows, it's the bow, I mean, it's not the quill it's the bowling ball - er, Archie?"

post-812-0-69832500-1329751097.jpg

hi Pete

yes i do use an external amp for the IFB100's antenna,not the one they using i think,my frd Yellow found something here in China(yes we make everything a chinese version >:D ), 1 Watt output amp cost about 15 usd,and it seriously covers a large range in open field,but any lower output wifi signal may get interrupted by this 1Watt amp.Client can't get on internet,camera-monitor wireless can't work,blah blah.It goes both sides.

indoor sometimes could be pain if you are several rooms away from the filming room,i have couple extension cables for the antenna so i can put the antenna closer when indoor if needed.Rarely use them but i keep them in the kits.Billy mentioned he has extension cables for shark fins too in other topics.

hope this helps

best

Cloud