Show me your bag

Mark Vesterskov

Glad to see I'm not the only one rocking a Twelco mixer. How do you like yours. Spencer?

I like my twelco a lot. 6 ins, multiple outputs, and great sound. Although, it is a bit eccentric. My brother also has a Twelco, the one with linear faders ::). He also had it modified for direct outputs.

Edited by Spencer Moore

I just have the three channel Twelco, but I love the output options, for sure, as well as the nice sound. I like the fact that its totally WYSIWYG and analogue. No menus or button pushing combos to make it do its thing. I may up to the 6 channel in the future. Downside, is that they are rather large...

Well, I just got an HD-P2 to run with it, and I need a bigger bag to fit it all. As soon as I get the new bag, I will post pics. I run a pretty low-end rig, compared to most here. Twelco 3 channel mixer, Tascam HD-P2, Zoom H4n as backup, Rode NTG-3, and Senny G2 wireless. When the new bag comes in, I'll be sure to post pics of how I rock it low budget style.

Heres my simple lightweight bag. I would use this for a lot of 5D shoots.

Shown:

Bag- Petrol607 deca mixer

-SD 302

-SD 702

-Lectro 401 x2 in the front pouches

-Lectro Lma x2 in the front pocket

-BDSv2 in the front pocket (Hard to see in the pocket but its the red light)

-NP1 slightly sticking out of the belly pocket

-Sony Headphones

-PSC DigiSlate (Bloop slate, to give a visual numerable file name with the 3LED flash and audible bleep. )

I only use the digislate on 5d shoots, keeps me from worrying about sending audio to it.

Like everyone i have plans to upgrade the bag in the future, but id like to keep it a lightweight small package thou. Im a big fan of small footprints.

post-2620-0-04842700-1333761097.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

20120415_165440.jpg

Here's mine, for another European flavoured bag. The Sonosax SX-M32 has the direct out and Hirose 10pin options. I'm also really pleased with mine.

The receiver is a Wisycom MCR42 - I'm using Sennheiser SK50's with it. It's also programmed to work with Audio Ltd transmitters.

The recorder does it's job for almost all shoots I do, it's an Edirol R-44. I'll do digital in + pre fade from the Sonosax. If production wants TC I'll hire a 744T. A matching SX-R4 would be nice, but I'll need a few more good jobs for that...

This is my experience.

The rf mod adds a capacitor to the power jack I believe. The phantom power mod is on the input, but I don't know what they change, they told me it was hardware and software.

The mix 8 support is a firmware upgrade that has to be done at the factory. I. E. Hard coded into a chip rather than part of the main software, although I don't know details.

That's what I've gathered in the breif conversations I had with zaxcom sending my nomad back. I'll post my experience with the updates once I get my nomad back.

http://wanderingear.net

Hi is your nomad back?

Here's my current rig for a doc on trauma doctors.

post-821-133452947526.jpg

552, 4x sennheiser radios, comtek bst-75 (first time in the bag!), and a zaxcom system for camera hops to the new c300 (trx900aa-sta150,filtered antenna, qrx100qifb). Powered via single Np1 with battery bud 2 distro and all loaded in the new petrol 614 "light weight" bag... It's still heavy!

The front pockets still have enough room to hold all 4 transmitters, lavs, aks, and 8 spare AA's.

post-3713-0-11238700-1334532475.jpg

post-3713-0-74444500-1334532476.jpg

Looks like the PS614 is becoming fairly popular these days. I just got mine and absolutely love it. Considering my last bag was a modified military quick response bag, this has been a major upgrade. I can't believe how snugly everything fits, and for the type of work I do regularly it should last me quite a while. The 744t is rented, along with Lectro UM400a for IFB.

552, 4x sennheiser radios, comtek bst-75 (first time in the bag!), and a zaxcom system for camera hops to the new c300 (trx900aa-sta150,filtered antenna, qrx100qifb). Powered via single Np1 with battery bud 2 distro and all loaded in the new petrol 614 "light weight" bag... It's still heavy!

The front pockets still have enough room to hold all 4 transmitters, lavs, aks, and 8 spare AA's.

What are you using for an antenna for the BST 75 in the bag?

phil p

I love the Senny RX for reality/doco - switching between preset frequencies is FAST. They aren't exactly light or ergonomic though.

What are you using for an antenna for the BST 75 in the bag?

phil p

I had Comtek make me one of those floppy extension antennas. It routes through the bottom of the bag and hangs down from an opening in the underside. If I'm standing it is polarized correctly.

I started out with an M72 but the producer was complaining of poor reception and bad static. We're shooting in a hospital so lots of metal and electronic equipment all around us as well as some mystery RF.

I love the Senny RX for reality/doco - switching between preset frequencies is FAST. They aren't exactly light or ergonomic though.

You know, I've heard that before but on mine (ek3041) you have to hit the menu key 3 times, then select from all the available freqs, then hold menu to lock it in. So I don't consider that fast.

Maybe you're talking about a different model? Or maybe there's a cool trick I don't know?

Here is my humble bag: PSC Pro Mix 6, 2 Lectro 401s' with SMA lav packs/tram mics, Lectro HM, Sennhiser 416, NP-1 PSC cup tp PSC Mini Star to power the Lectros and Sony 7505s' total weight 11 lbs, total cost.....it took qiite a few jobs to pay for itself!! JHWpost-4437-0-70945700-1334681273.jpgpost-4437-0-02054900-1334681291.jpgpost-4437-0-52232800-1334681313.jpgpost-4437-0-06279000-1334681331.jpgpost-4437-0-17154300-1334681351.jpgpost-4437-0-28353000-1334681376.jpghilly and mixer 056.JPG

]

post-4437-0-98778400-1334681253.jpg

Hey Derek, I'm happy to see someone else using the big Sennheiser wireless systems. I have one with an sk250 that I'm reserving for wireless boom right now because of its insatiable appetite for expensive lithium AAs. However its easily the best sounding wireless I have.